Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talk Talk Mail Upgrade problem

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Chat Champion

Trying to access my mail for the first time after the upgrade it takes me to a screen (called Just in Case) before it shows me around. https://apps.talktalk.co.uk/appsuite/#!!

The screen tells me to input either a mobile phone number or a different email address (ideally both) so it can send me a code. However, I do not have another email address NOR do I have a mobile phone. So how am I supposed to access my mail?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @kithra 

The alternate email address and a mobile phone number are utilised to send you reset details in case you need a password reset. For example, you forget your password.  These days secure passwords are 10-12 characters long. 

You can use another of your talktalk.net email addresses or sign up for a free Gmail account, for example. Having an alternate email account is a good idea for storing copies of wanted emails and for resilience and, as we're describing here, for password recovery purposes.

You don't need to enter a mobile 'phone number but you will need an alternate active email address because that will be the only way, other than the change password link in MyAccount for talktalk customers, to reset a password.

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi Gondola,

Many thanks for the helpful reply. I didn't have any other email but have now signed up for Gmail and have used that one to log into my upgraded TT mail. However, I don't need Gmail to save important emails as I always save them to disk and then to a USB stick. So, thanks to you, email problem solved.

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi kithra,

Glad to see that you managed to resolve this with a little help from Gondola 🙂

Chris