Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talk talk mail plus

34 REPLIES 34
Janelle
Popular Poster

I registered for talk talk mail plus at the weekend and I want to add my tiscali email address to the list but every time I try to add it I get a message saying there is a problem, try again later but this has been going on all day. I already have 2 talk talk and one Gmail addresses on the account. When I log on to My Account ,the word 'outage' appears in the top left hand corner of the page for a couple of seconds. Is this anything to do with it?

Jane Lewis
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Janelle 

I assume you were invited by an email from TalkTalk to subscribe to TalkTalk Mail plus as a former customer using TalkTalk managed email addresses?

In the MyAccount you receive as part of the TalkTalk Mail plus package you can manage up to 5 TalkTalk mailboxes. The adding of those mailboxes should be possible with the add existing mailbox function. As this is not working for you, I'll ask the TalkTalk team to take a look.  They are refining the process to make sure it works smoothly.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down and add the first talktalk email address to Private notes and Save changes. It may also help the team if you note (in Private notes) which email addresses you wish to add to the MyAccount for TalkTalk Mail Plus.

When you say you've added a Gmail email address to the MyAccount list I don't see that as being possible.  Could you explain what you mean? 

Do you collect your Gmail emails via one of the TalkTalk Mailboxes using the add email account function of that mailbox?

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Janelle
Popular Poster

Hi Gondola

Yes, I set up my talk talk email plus account via an email you sent me. I chose my tiscali email address and password as my log in details as that is the one I use most but there was a problem as it kept taking me back to my old account which closed 5 years ago. One of your tech team reset the account for me over the phone but she had to use my Gmail addresses (I don't know why) but that is why the address shows up on the mail box list.

When I complete my personal profile it asks for current email address and then new email address but I don't want to change my email so what do I do?

Jane Lewis
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Jane

Your explanation is perfect and I understand now what's happening.  You will definitely need the TalkTalk Community Team to help you. I've alerted them and an OCE should pick up this topic tomorrow and offer help. 

The new TalkTalk Mail Plus MyAccount has been set up with your Gmail email address as the sign in / log in for the MyAccount.  No problem there and if you're happy to keep that as the MyAccount sign in then that's fine.

The tiscali email address is associated with a former broadband service MyAccount and therefore cannot be added to the new TalkTalk Mail Plus MyAccount until it is de-associated from the former service account. The TalkTalk Community Team can organise that for you.  I suggest making a clear note in the Private notes box (Community profile, Personal information page at the bottom) to tell them which tiscali email address is the one associated with the former service account from 5 years ago.

No need to change the Community profile notifications email if you're getting the notifications and are happy with using the current email address.

Community Team

Hi Janelle, I work on the project team and have passed your details to the team leader so that the problems you've had can be investigated. I'll let you know when I know more. 

Janelle
Popular Poster

Hi Ady

Any update on this tiscali email situation yet? I'm really worried about this mailbox being shut down if it's not registered to my account by the shut off date as it's the one I use for just about everything!

Thanks

Jane Lewis
Community Team

Hi Janelle, you won't lose your mailbox. The team are still working to get this sorted for you. Most of the issues we've found are now cleared, but yours is still being worked. 

Community Team

Hi Janelle, have you tried adding it again this week? If not please give it another try, we've made some changes and it should work now. 

Janelle
Popular Poster

Hi Ady 

I've just tried it again but I'm still getting the message 'something went wrong, try again later.'

Should I try again in a few days?

Jane Lewis
Community Team

Hi Janelle, please don't tell me our password but do you have any special characters in the password you use for this email address? If you do please change it before adding the mailbox to your MyAccount. 

Janelle
Popular Poster

Hi Ady

I'm not sure what you mean by special characters but the password I use is the name of my pet, just letters in lower case.

Jane Lewis
Community Team

Ok thanks. I'll pass this on. 

TinyFibre
Chatterbox

Dear @Janelle

This approach leaves you wide open to dictionary based and also social engineering attacks; especially now you have told everyone it's only a choice of 26 chars, no digits & punctuation.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Janelle 

Your email password does not meet the minimum security requirements for TalkTalk.

Great advice from @TinyFibre as although your password is memorable it's not secure.  Here's some more great advice from getsafeonline about passwords that includes a number of relevant "Don't use tips"

My advice is to use multi-word, multi-case passwords including numbers and allowed symbols of 12 - 15 characters in length to get the required security.  This exceeds the minimum requirements of TalkTalk.

Community Team

Hi Janelle, the last 2 posters are both correct however once we've got your TTMP registered and setup properly you'll have to change your password to meet the minimum safe criteria for passwords. We're working hard to get you sorted and then you'll be safe. 

Janelle
Popular Poster

Thanks Ady. Will do that the minute it's registered.

Jane Lewis
Community Team

I'm still waiting for an update on the fix. As soon as I hear I'll post straight back to let you know. 

Community Team

Hi Janelle, I've been asked to ask you to try and register the tiscali.co.uk email address again and this time post me screenshots of any issue you might have. 

Janelle
Popular Poster

Hi Ady. I've just tried it again but it's still not working. I've taken a screenshot but if I post it on here everyone is going to see my email address and the numbers o.f character in my password which would not be safe on a public forum. All that happens is that a red box appears with an X in the top left hand corner saying 'Sorry something went wrong and we were unable to add the Talk talk email. Please try again later',.

Jane Lewis
Community Team

And that's you following the link you got in the email about TalkTalk mail Plus to register, not trying to add the mailbox to your old MyAccount?