Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talk talk mail plus

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Popular Poster

I signed up for mail plus for my tinyworld e-mail address in December and payment has been taken but I have been unable to receive or send e-mails since then. Is there a new password. Has it been sent to my e-mail that I can no longer access. Help.

Steve

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Starch57 

Just some initial confirmation please. Are you a current TalkTalk Consumer broadband customer?

If not, that's ok as TalkTalk Mail Plus is for non TalkTalk Consumer customers wishing to keep a mailbox active on the TalkTalk Mail platform.

There's no password change involved and the tinyworld email address should have been added automatically to the MailPlus MyAccount.

Can you sign in to the MyAccount using the tinyworld email address and its password?  To recover access to the MyAccount there should be recovery set up with an alternate email address and or mobile number.

Can you try the MyAccount password recovery route first Click here.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Gondola, thanks for replying.

I am not a current Talktalk customer.

I have signed in to my account via the web and can see my mailbox.

I cant see it on my phone. I haven't changed since I last viewed my email.

What do I have to do to get it back on my phone.

Steve

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Starch57 

If you can see your Inbox when signed in via a browser to TalkTalk Mail here then that's great. Just compose and send the same email address a mail message to make sure you see that message in the Sent objects folder and in the Inbox. That's just to check all is good with the mailbox.

Just confirm also that you've signed in to your MyAccount here and you see the mailbox listed in My Mailboxes and that there's no other yellow or red banner error message showing.

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount - My Services Menu.png

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount.png

Have you allowed the MailPlus subscription payment to lapse?  I ask because if a subscription payment cannot be taken by Direct Debit then you'll have webmail access but email client access and access via mobile apps will be restricted until a payment is made via your MyAccount. 

About TalkTalk Mail Plus - Paying for TalkTalk Mail Plus

If the above doesn't apply then we can move on to troubleshooting the mail app settings on your phone.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I went into my phone and changed the settings from Tiscali.co.uk to talktalk.net in incoming and outgoing mail. I wasn't told that this needed to be done.

E-mail is now working on my phone.

Many thanks for your help.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Starch57 

The recommended mail app settings are here: Email settings - IMAP or POP3 

The settings don't need changing but will work ok as the servers use the same platform. Does indicate that the issue was with the mail app on the phone and great to know that you're back in action.