Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk Broadband or TalkTalk Mail Plus Subscription

30 REPLIES 30
DorsetRover
Whizz Kid

I would appreciate it if members could let me know if they have experienced the following situation regarding their TalkTalk mail, in particular with ‘My Mailboxes’, as it appears that my wife and I will lose the facility of using Outlook to collect and store our messages from 14th March.

We have had a broadband account with TalkTalk for longer than I care to remember.

On 3rd March 2020, at 21:10, we received the following e-mail from TalkTalk:

“As your mailbox is not attached to a broadband contract and you haven’t yet signed up to TalkTalk Mail Plus, we wanted to remind you that your TalkTalk Mail service will be changed from 14/03/2020. You will only be able to check your emails by signing into TalkTalk Mail on www.talktalk.co.uk/mail, you will no longer be able to access messages through third party applications using POP3 /IMAP and any automatic forwarding rules you may have will be removed.

If you’d like to keep all the benefits of TalkTalk Mail, you need to sign up to TalkTalk Mail Plus before 14/03/2020.

If you would like to keep your mailbox please chat to one of our advisors by clicking here

If you don’t wish to sign up to TalkTalk Mail Plus, we recommend you start saving documents and content from your mailbox.”

I logged into MY ACCOUNT and, under ‘Manage TalkTalk’, below ‘My Mailboxes’ was the following highlighted passage:

You do not have an active TalkTalk Broadband or TalkTalk Mail Plus subscription, so you are no longer able to create or add new email accounts.

I have telephoned Customer Support (no help) and received an e-mail from ‘Your TalkTalk Team’, to which I have responded, but again no help. The staff keep saying ‘I will escalate the matter for you.’

As previously said, we DO have an active TalkTalk broadband subscription, the customer support staff can see that for themselves, yet it appears that they are unable to delete the offending section from the pages of ‘Manage TalkTalk’ and ensure that my account will continue as before.

Thank you

The Forum is nothing without Gondola...
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @DorsetRover 

Don't worry.

I've alerted the TalkTalk Community Support Team and they'll make sure your mailboxes are associated with an active MyAccount.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current TalkTalk contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email addresses and Save changes.

A TalkTalk Community Team member prefixed with OCE_ will reply to this thread and raise a ticket to fix the MyAccount My Mailboxes issue.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

DorsetRover
Whizz Kid

Many thanks Gondola  - much appreciated!

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi DorsetRover, I can get the mailboxes added to your account for you until the issues are fixed to allow you to do it yourself. I've sent you a personal message to obtain the information.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

DorsetRover
Whizz Kid

I have replied to this post from my e-mail address. I wrote:

Hello Ady

I cannot read the ‘ private message’ as I cannot see a ‘link’ in your message other than ‘Setting up your telephone password’.

In addition, I received the message shown in the attachment, received from TalkTalk Help & Support, to which I have not responded.

Kind regards

xxxxxxxx

Gondola
Community Star

Hi DorsetRover 

Community Personal Messaging is accessed via the envelope icon top right of this page by your Avatar when signed in to Community.

DorsetRover
Whizz Kid

You learn something new every day!

Thanks.

Gondola
Community Star

...so long as the new makes you smile!

DorsetRover
Whizz Kid

Just to keep you 'in the loop', I sent the following message to Ady a short time ago:

Sent: ‎13-03-2020 07:07 AM

I presume that you received both replies - the first  picked up by Outlook and responded to via Outlook and the second message sent by Personal Message thanks to advice received from Gondola.

The following warning was still showing in 'My Account', under 'My Services', 'Manage TalkTalk Mail' this morning at 06:45:-

You do not have an active TalkTalk Broadband or TalkTalk Mail Plus subscription, so you are no longer able to create or add new email accounts.

MAY I PLEASE REMIND YOU THAT TOMORROW IS THE 14th MARCH WHEN I WAS TOLD BY TALKTALK THAT:

YourTalktalk mail service will be changed from 14/03/2020. You will only be able to check your emails by signing into talktalk mail on www.talktalk.co.uk/mail, you will no longer be able to access messages through third party applications using pop3 /imap and any automatic forwarding rules you may have will be removed.

If you’d like to keep all the benefits of talktalk mail, you need to sign up to talktalk mail plus before 14/03/2020.

If you would like to keep your mailbox please chat to one of our advisors by clicking here

If you don’t wish to sign up to talktalk mail plus, we recommend you start saving documents and content from your mailbox.”

I would very much appreciate your response BEFORE 14th March.

Thank you.

DorsetRover

DorsetRover
Whizz Kid

Hello Ady

I presume that you received both replies - the first  picked up by Outlook and responded to via Outlook and the second message sent by Personal Message thanks to advice received from Gondola.

The following warning was still showing in 'My Account', under 'My Services', 'Manage TalkTalk Mail' this morning (Friday 13th March) at 06:45: and again now - 10:04hrs:-

MAY I PLEASE REMIND YOU THAT TOMORROW IS THE 14th MARCH WHEN I WAS TOLD BY TALKTALK THAT:

YourTalktalk mail service will be changed from 14/03/2020. You will only be able to check your emails by signing into talktalk mail on www.talktalk.co.uk/mail, you will no longer be able to access messages through third party applications using pop3 /imap and any automatic forwarding rules you may have will be removed.

If you’d like to keep all the benefits of talktalk mail, you need to sign up to talktalk mail plus before 14/03/2020.

If you don’t wish to sign up to talktalk mail plus, we recommend you start saving documents and content from your mailbox.”

I would very much appreciate your response BEFORE 14th March.

Thank you.

DorsetRover

DorsetRover
Whizz Kid

I have had a broadband and telephone account/contract with TalkTalk for many years.

At 21:10 on Tuesday 3rd March 2020 I received an e-mail from TalkTalk in which they wrote:

As your mailbox is not attached to a broadband contract and you haven’t yet signed up to TalkTalk Mail Plus, we wanted to remind you that your TalkTalk Mail service will be changed from 14/03/2020. You will only be able to check your emails by signing into TalkTalk Mail on www.talktalk.co.uk/mail, you will no longer be able to access messages through third party applications using POP3 /IMAP and any automatic forwarding rules you may have will be removed.

If you’d like to keep all the benefits of TalkTalk Mail, you need to sign up to TalkTalk Mail Plus before 14/03/2020.

If you don’t wish to sign up to TalkTalk Mail Plus, we recommend you start saving documents and content from your mailbox.

I use ‘Outlook’ to gather messages from TalkTalk and I do not want to lose my talktalk ‘mailbox’.

The following passage now appears in ‘My Account’, ‘Manage TalkTalk mail’, ‘My Mailboxes’:

! You do not have an active TalkTalk Broadband or TalkTalk Mail Plus subscription, so you are no longer able to create or add new email accounts

I have been ‘in communication’ – telephone, e-mail and via the Forum since Wednesday 4th March 2020.

I have received no help whatsoever from TalkTalk.

On Thursday 12th March I received an e-mail from TalkTalk and I thought it might be a response to my request for help.

WRONG. It reads

Congratulations!

Hey DorsetRover,

You've just earned the Applause all round badge, So what's it all about? Here's a description of the badge you've just received:

" Lets give them a big hand! You’re doing great 10 likes. "

Why not checkout your new badge in all its glory on your profile?

View it on your profile

On Friday 13th March I received another e-mail from TalkTalk and I thought it might this message would be a response to my request for help.

WRONG AGAIN. It reads

Congratulations!

Hey DorsetRover

Congratulations DorsetRover,

As the result of your contributions to the community, you've earned a new rank!

Your new rank is: Chat Champion

View your profile to see your rank

I CAN DO WITHOUT THE RIDICULOUS ‘CONGRATULATORY’ MESSAGES.

I WOULD PREFER AND APPRECIATE SOME ACTUAL HELP OR ASSISTANCE.

Thank you.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi DorsetRover 

I'm hoping that your Personal Message got to OCE_Ady but don't worry as we'll have OCE_Chris to pick up this thread next week.

The worst case scenario is that you'll have the sign in to TalkTalk Mail to collect your mail messages for the next 120 days before any mailbox is deleted.

As soon as the TalkTalk support team, authorised by OCE_Chris (or Ady) associate your active mailboxes to your current broadband MyAccount then you'll have full access across your devices and no worry about deletion. 

So, if you do lose access via email client software over the weekend just use webmail and the fix will be in place next week.

OCE_Chris

Hi DorsetRover,

Apologies for the delay, I can confirm that the email address in the private notes section of your community profile, has been added to your account 

Thanks

Chris

DorsetRover
Whizz Kid

Whoever clicked on the 'LIKE' really ought to read the whole thread...

DorsetRover
Whizz Kid

I posted the following message at 09:36 on 18/03/2020:

F.A.O. OCE Chris

Your e-mail suggests it was 'sent' at 08:01 today - Wednesday 18th March.

At 09:06 today, I checked 'My Account' and then 'My Services' and then 'Manage TalkTalkMail'. The following was displayed:

Manage TalkTalk Mail

Manage up to 5 TalkTalk mailboxes. You can create a new mailbox, add an existing mailbox to your account and update your passwords.

My mailboxes

Mailboxes associated with your account are listed below. You can change their passwords or remove them.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@talktalk.net

Change Password

Delete

Warning:

You do not have an active TalkTalk Broadband or TalkTalk Mail Plus subscription, so you are no longer able to create or add new email accounts

As the above passage was the subject of my initial 'phone call to TalkTalk on 4th March, followed by my initial post on the forum on 10th March, I should be grateful if you would let me know what it is exactly that you have done and why the above message still appears on the screen.

Thank you.

OCE_Chris

Hi DorsetRover,

As the email address is showing, it is linked to the account and the account is active. I don't know why it's giving you this message - I'll find out why you are still seeing the warning message and get back to you

Thanks

Chris

OCE_Chris

Hi DorsetRover,

The message is a known issue which we are currently working to resolve, apologies for any confusion and inconvenience

Chris

DorsetRover
Whizz Kid

FOR THE INFORMATION OF OCE CHRIS, OCE ADY AND FOR THE BENEFIT OF 'GONDOLA'.

The following paragraph still appears in 'My Services', under 'Manage TalkTalk mail':

! You do not have an active TalkTalk Broadband or TalkTalk Mail Plus subscription, so you are no longer able to create or add new email accounts.

Between my initial contact with TalkTalk support on 4th March and today's date, 26th March, nothing whatsoever has been achieved in resolving the issue.

The last two messages from 'Chris' were 7 and 8 days ago.

COMMUNICATION: .'The imparting or exchanging of information by speaking, writing, or using some other medium.'

Is there any chance of an 'Update' from someone?

Thank you.

Dorset Rover

OCE_Chris

Hi DorsetRover,

As I said in previous post, this is a known issue that we are working to resolve, unfortunately there's nothing further that we can tell you at the moment, apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

DorsetRover
Whizz Kid

FOLLOWING AN E-MAIL RECEIVED TODAY FROM TALKTALK CUSTOMER SERVICES, I TRIED TO POST TWO MESSAGES ON THIS TOPIC TO O.C.E. CHRIS BUT BOTH WERE RETURNED' BY 'ANONYMOUS' BECAUSE THE MESSAGES HAVE BEEN

'identified as potentially being spam and has been held in our spam filters. If not spam, please contact us by posting in the community for the attention of the community team.'
M Y   M E S S A G E S    A R E    N O T    S P A M

Dorset Rover