cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk Call Centre advising all talktalk.net email addresses will no longer be supported

8 REPLIES 8
Super Duper Contributor

Having posted my own email / account query on the forum last night, I found it interesting to read on here of other customers being given false information from call centre staff.

I would love a manager to hear the rubbish that was given to me last night...

Evidently TalkTalk are no longer supporting or providing talktalk.net email addresses for customers. The call centre are pushing the likes of the free email providers. I guess that's one way of them getting out of offering any support as the latest campaign to get people to pay for their email accounts.

I know if you are an existing customer you should keep your TalkTalk email service as part of your package. In our case ( separate posting ) we've had the "you need to pay email" despite having an active TalkTalk service / account.

The call centres ability to handle queries in the light of this latest campaign should have been implemented before the emails went out.

I know TalkTalk have had some stick for incredibly poor service, and I never thought it was justified until I had to deal with TalkTalk on behalf of my late father and transferring service accross to my mother. Last night 100 minute phone call had me wanting to cancel not only my mothers but also my own service. TalkTalk you have never ever been this poor before!

Community Star

I will get the OCEs to comment on this.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi AldridgeAndy, you've definitely been fed a load of codswallop. If you can remember the time and date of your call I can investigate this and feedback to the agent who spoke to you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Super Duper Contributor

@OCE_Ady  The call was made from my moms landline, phone number is in my profile, from around 6:45pm until around 8pm.

I spoke to a call centre agent at first, and then to an alleged call centre manager. 

If you could listen to the call and help me safeguard my late fathers email address for my mother ( who took over the TalkTalk service ) it would really be appreciated. 

Thanks for the information, I've raised this to the business managers responsible for the teams you spoke to and the the email manager. I can't help you migrate the mail for your mum, but I can help your mum. If she needs you to deal with it then you'd be best to go to the CEO team, if your mum is happy to register and post I can help her. Let me know how you want to proceed. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Super Duper Contributor

@OCE_Ady  I'm afraid my mother is in her late 70's and this is a "sensitive subject" for her so it's all well outside of her comfort zone.

Ultimately with reference to the sentence above, this is for me to resolve on her behalf as I do for most things these days.

I have tried though the call centre route to raise a complaint with the CEO Team to reach a resolution as my fathers email address will cease mid-November 2019. Ten days in, the call centre managers have phoned me back three times now, but actually haven't done anything or escalated to the CEO Team in the UK. 

How can I get to communicate with the CEO Team to raise an official complaint as I now have four weeks to get this sorted?

My fathers email is evidently no longer attached to his "account" but will not register (despite the correct email and password) to my moms active account for the same phone and broadband service at the same address.

I really had no idea the telephone support could be this bad, can an OCE help me raise an official complaint with the CEO Team?

Hi AldridgeAndy,

I can raise a complaint to our CEO's Office for you, how would you like to be contacted, landline, mobile or email?

Chris

Super Duper Contributor

@OCE_Chris  Can they please contact me on my mobile, listed as the "alternative number" in my personal information.

Many thanks for this.

OK thanks. I've raised a complaint on your behalf to our CEO's Office and asked them to contact you on your mobile. They should be in contact within 5 working days 

Thanks

Chris