Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk Customer Moved To Fleur

40 REPLIES 40
Brompton
Popular Poster

We are in the same position as Benby - but it took a while to realise. This is because when we received the email from Talk Talk on 09/10 I thought that Fleur was a Talk Talk service (as when the broadband service was transferred in 2015 we were advised that our Talk Talk service was being managed and supported by Fleur).

In addition when I registered on My Account (as suggested in the email) it indicated that we had a Broadband only service. It was only when we received the reminder email on that I looked into it more closely and realised that Fleur was not Talk Talk and our tiscali email would change on 19/11, and we could not get Talk Talk broadband.

Before I discovered that Talk Talk broadband wasn't available to us. I looked into how we could deal with the situation given that our Fleur contract runs until 01/20. At that stage I thought we would take Talk Talk Plus until 01/20, transfer to Talk Talk broadband and then cancel our subscription to TT Plus. However the FAQ tab on the TT Plus page indicates subscription finishes when you close down your last TT email address - so it appears this may not have worked.

We have had our Tiscali email for over 15 yrs so closing it down is not a trivial matter. For us I'm not sure what it provides over and above one of the free alternatives - so at the moment I think we will try and leave by 19/11, or run TT Plus for a short period while we sort out the admin attached to closing it.

It seems to me that the TT email should make it clear that those broadband customers who were transferred to Fleur by TT are caught by the changes to TT email - otherwise I suspect there will be some who, like me will think they are unaffected.

For those who are unable to transfer to TT broadband the notice of the change seems unreasonably short.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Brompton

You can definitely run TalkTalk Mail Plus on a month by month basis for the subscription fee by Direct Debit  of £5 per month.  About TalkTalk Mail Plus I think gives you all the information you need alongside the detail given in the invitation message from TalkTalk.

Fleur Telecom isn't part of TalkTalk and they invoice you directly for your broadband and 'phone services. But Fleur Telecom do not offer an email service which is why your email service remained with TalkTalk. 

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es) with any relevant other notes and finally save changes.

I've asked on your behalf of all Fleur Telecom customers if there's a bit of flexibility in the date for deletion of any mailbox not signed up to TalkTalk Mail Plus so fingers crossed that the TalkTalk OCE can help.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi all, just to confirm the terms and conditions are as laid down in the email you've received. Gondola has as always been spot on with the advice given. 

Benby
Team Player

Hi Brompton

I had a lot of problems with TalkTalk customer service last time so I wasn't too sad when they offloaded me. I expect you are like me probably had your Email addresses a long while. I know I could go  elsewhere and get free email but its such a hassle informing everyone of the changes. I expect TalkTalk know this that's why they have the cheek to charge £50 a year. But the really funny thing I tried to sign up today using the Email Gondola advised and the link didn't work. Good old TalkTalk nothings changed. Ha Ha.

Benby
Team Player
Hi Gondola
Just tried to sign up using the email link " Register Your Email In My Account "and got the following error message.

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.
Your support ID is: 1286294404476021512
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Benby 

Let us know what steps you took and what error messages you encountered and at what stage and we can work out what's needed in your case.

For example, if you couldn't add the mailbox address to a MyAccount then that's just a case of unlinking a mailbox association with a former MyAccount.

If the MyAccount didn't set up with your telephone number then I understand that's awaiting a fix.  TalkTalk in that case need to know your email address so that it can be safeguarded whilst the fix is in progress.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Benby 

I'd need to see the actual link so I suggest you Community Private Message me just in case it's a personalised link.

Hover over my Gondola Halloween Avatar and select Send Message.

Benby
Team Player
Hi Gondola

I clicked on the Email link in the blue box as you instructed " Register Your Email In My Account " and got the following error message:

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.
Your support ID is: 8282815868125814464

It didn't even redirect me to the TalkTalk website the error message is the link in the Email.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Benby 

Right click on the blue box and from the pop-up select Copy link location (or similar) and paste into notebook to save the URL link or just paste directly into a Private Message.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Benby

Did you first of all select the lower blue button 'Sign up for TalkTalk Mail Plus now'? You should then receive an email confirmation of the subscription with a blue button Log in to MyAccount.

TalkTalk Mail Plus Mailshot - Sign up now 15Oct2019.png

Benby
Team Player
Just clicked the link you highlighted got the message " This Page Is Having A Problem Loading".
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Benby

Can you just confirm you've not yet subscribed to TalkTalk Mail Plus.

I need to figure out if you're just having broadband issues or if this needs escalation to OCE_Ady to confirm that the Mail Plus ordering process is up and running.

Benby
Team Player
I have tried both links in the email neither will open one gets the error message " This Page Is Having A Problem Loading". and the other " I get the message "The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.Your support ID is: 8282815868125814464 "

I suppose it could be a Broadband issue although I am not having problems with any other Websites or Emails today. So in answer to your question I have not signed up because the email links will not redirect me. Its not a problem tomorrow I will either try and sign up by going directly to the TalkTalk website or I will phone.
Benby
Team Player

Just been on the TalkTalk website found it difficult to actually find all the sign up info I would have thought something new like this would be splashed across the whole website. The website was very slow loading ( could be my broadband ) anyway managed to sign up got the confirmation email went back to the TalkTalk site to set up my account and got the message " Something went wrong try again later " 

Benby
Team Player
Just been on the TalkTalk website found it difficult to actually find all the sign up info I would have thought something new like this would be splashed across the whole website. The website was very slow loading ( could be my broadband ) anyway managed to sign up went back to the TalkTalk site to set up my account and got the message " Something went wrong try again later "

Even funnier a few minutes later I received a confirmation Email from TalkTalk instructing me to click the link to go to my account which I did and got the following message " HMMM Cannot Reach This Page".
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Benby

You've now hit the right button to get signed up to TalkTalk Mail Plus and you have a confirmation email from TalkTalk that will state monthly payment plan £5 or annual payment plan £50 and look something like this:

TalkTalk Mail Plus Confirmation Monthly Log in to MyAccount.png

You will need to wait until MyAccount is fully set up and this could be anything from 5 minutes to an hour.

So, try once more to Log in to MyAccount and let us know if all is looking as expected or if you still get an error message.

Benby
Team Player
Further update just for info no need to reply. Went on Google typed in TalkTalk My Account got to the log in page, entered my details, the screen showed Preparing Account Details then Preparing Bill, then Preparing Dashboard then it went back to the Log In Box. Ha Ha. You can always rely on TalkTalk. Ha Ha.
Benby
Team Player
Sorry hadn't seen the above reply will try it again tomorrow. One point it does not say on the confirmation Email that there might be a delay and my confirmation Email looks nothing like the screenshot.
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Benby 

Post a screenshot for us please to show the confirmation email. 

Image edit before posting to obscure the first part of any email address or other personally identifiable data and use the Insert Photos icon (camera) above this Reply area.

Benby
Team Player

Capture.PNGapp3.PNGSorry had to screenshot in two because I am not very good.