would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk Mail Plus : Departing customers

5 REPLIES 5
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Ady

At what point does TalkTalk Mail Plus kick in for departing customers?

We know that the MyAccount will remain active for 12 months after leaving.

If the billing / notifications email is also linked to MyAccount as the login and billing / notifications email address does that then mean customers will be billed £5/m or £50 for the year after leaving to keep the billing / notifications email address active?

The use of a non TalkTalk email address is a workaround as usual.

Follow up question: Is it always the case that a new Direct Debit (DD) authority will need to be set up for TalkTalk Mail Plus?  Or will departing customers be asked to specify monthly or annual payment and simply add the billing to their MyAccount billing and existing DD.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Gondola
Community Star

BUMP

Community Team

Hi Gondola, I was waiting for a from the project team before I could reply. Because they want customers to find out the processes by receiving the comms at the appropriate time they've asked me not to provide all the information. No doubt one or more customers will let you know what they received. Basically, the brief to all staff is that no discussion is entered into unless the customer they're dealing with has received the email at the appropriate time.

Sorry bud I've got to tow the line on this.

Ady

Gondola
Community Star

I'll try and make my question easier to answer.

If I leave TalkTalk with a TalkTalk Mail address as my MyAccount login, the MyAccount remains active for 12 months.  Any notifications related to the MyAccount are sent to the TalkTalk Mail address.

Does that linked TalkTalk Mailbox also remain active and free of charge for the 12 months to receive those notifications?

Gondola
Community Star

...or do we take the pragmatic decision to recommend to departing customers to set up an external mail account as the MyAccount login because the linked TalkTalk Mail account may be suspended during the 12 months after leaving and therefore not receive MyAccount notifications?

Community Team

Hi Gondola, I've let the team know about this. Thanks for the heads up.

Ady