would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk Mail Plus problem

13 REPLIES 13
Tigger4
Team Player

Hello Talktalk support team,

I've three old talktalk e-mails on an old family members account, we still regularly use these e-mails.

Now I've received e-mails around TalkTalk Mail Plus service, and believe as the family member is now not a talktalk customer I have to import them across into my Talktalk account.

I tried add them to My Talktalk account but keep receiving an error, " something has gone wrong please try latter".  I've tried a number of times now but with out joy, Please can you advise, Thanks. 

Tigger4
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Tigger4 

When the email addresses are associated with  former MyAccount they'll need detaching from that MyAccount to be added as an existing TalkTalk mailbox to your current MyAccount.

There is a Data Protection issue as the email addresses will have been registered to the family member that notionally still has control over them. Is that family member able to authorise the release of the 3 email accounts?

As each of the addresses has a password known to you then once released it's a simple task for you to add an an existing TalkTalk mailbox to your current MyAccount using the Email not showing in My Account guide in Managing your email in My Account 

Check your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Add, then scroll down and add the 3 email addresses and the details of the other MyAccount in the Private notes box and save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account and advise what's needed.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi Tigger4, are you getting the same error for all of the emails when you try to add them? Please add all the addresses to private notes in your community profile and ensure you've added your landline number too so that we can identify your account. 

Tigger4
Team Player

Hello @Gondola ,

I've updated my profile as you suggested accordingly.

I do have to update you though, I've spoken to the family member and we updated the passwords on the e-mails and they have moved across to my (this) account ok.  So it was the fact we must have been inputting the wrong passwords for the e-mails.  We input the new/updated passwords and they moved over without issue to my account.

Their is still one e-mail I can't move as I can't re-set the password on, I've noted this in my profile notes in the private section.  I hope the mods here can see it ok and advise how to change the password, I can't access so I can't change it the normal way.

Thanks

Tigger4
Tigger4
Team Player

Hello @OCE_Ady ,

Please see my reply to @Gondola their is now only one e-mail address I can't move.  I have noted this in my private notes section on my profile along with my post-code.  I will also go now and add my phone number to it for your info.

It basically seems that we was inputting the wrong passwords for the e-mail boxes.  We was getting the same error across all of them.  It just said " Something has gone wrong please try later".

We can't move or change the password on the last e-mail in the normal way as we can't access the box or don't know the current password to change it in the normal way.

Please can you advise, thanks.

Tigger4
Community Team

Hi Tigger4,

How many email address do you currently have in your My Account?

Chris

Tigger4
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Chris ,

I now have four e-mail address on "My Account", I started with just the one before we managed to move all but one.

The one we've not been able to move, is noted in the private section on my profile as requested.

We believe we can't move it due to not knowing what it's current password is.

Thanks 

Tigger4
Community Team

Hi Tigger4,

I think we are going to need to reset the password on the email account that you can't move across. As this isn't your account can you ask the owner of the email account to post on this thread, we'll then need to confirm some details with them

Thanks

Chris 

Pacman69
Chat Champion

Hello @OCE_Chris,

The account / e-mail that you need access to was an old Talktalk account of mine. I belive from @Tigger4 you need some information from myself?  Can you advise what you need?

Thanks

Thanks Pacman.
Community Team

Hi Pacman69,

I've sent you a PM with the details that we need

Thanks

Chris

Community Team

Hi Pacman69,

Sorry, I can't send you a PM at the moment, I'll let you know when I can

Thanks

Chris

Community Team

Hi Pacman69,

OK I've now sent the PM 🙂

Chris

Pacman69
Chat Champion

Hi Chris, 

I've just replied to your pm email. 

Hope it's all good. 

Thanks Pacman.
Tigger4
Team Player

Hi @Pacman69@OCE_Chris,

Packman69, advises me he's replied to your PM / E-mail.

Thanks

Tigger4