Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk Mail Plus

ANSWERED
42 REPLIES 42
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @OCE_Ady 

About TalkTalk Mail Plus flags up that the new TalkTalk Mail is free for TalkTalk Broadband customers but will attract a direct debit charge for non customers.

I expect emails will be going out to email users that are not TalkTalk customers to ask them to sign up. Do we know when the first emails will go out? And how much time users will have to decide to subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus and or arrange an alternate email service before email accounts are deactivated?

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

ferguson
Community Star

Curious to know how much it will cost, doesn't seem to be any mention of that.

Community Team

Hi G, the first emails went out on Friday evening it seems.   The cost is going to be £5 per month or £50 per annum. If you have a BB account you need to link any orphaned mailboxes to it to keep it free. 

Gondola
Community Star

...I see that the adding of legacy email addresses to MyAccount is ready for broadband and email only customers that will be able to Sign in to MyAccount, select My Services and Manage TalkTalk Mail from the drop-down list and see the list of (nominally up to 5) email mailboxes.

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount.png

Add an existing mailbox up to the limit of 5 mailboxes per customer.

For email only customers that may already have more than 5 mailboxes, will they be required to delete some email addresses? And is there going to be an easy way of deleting an email address not yet listed in MyAccount (for broadband and email only customers) or will that be managed, as it is now, by the Data Protection Team?

Community Team
Solution

Hi G, 5 is the max limit, which will hurt those with more who will have to choose which 5. They'll be able to delete the mail in MA if they haven't if not same as now sending to the GDPR team.

Ady

Pasha
Team Player

Hi I'm confused both myself and my partner have tiscali.co.uk email address's. My partner received an email about this. .

Her emails come through on the webmail service, but it seemed to be saying this wouldn't happen after the 24/9/19 unless she had a broadband account. I have the account in my name and pay the bills, so can I add her address to one of my 5 I only have 1 address.

It's very unclear, please can you advise. Thanks.

Lynn
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Pasha 

Yes you can add your partner's tiscali email address to your MyAccount so long as it's not already associated with another MyAccount. You'll need your partner's consent and the password for the tiscali mailbox.

Just sign in to your MyAccount and select My Services and Manage TalkTalk Mail from the drop down list. Advice article on Managing your email in My Account 

Manage TalkTalk Mail - Add an existing mailbox.png

Select Add an existing mailbox and follow the instructions:

• Select tiscali.co.uk in the drop-down list box
  • Enter the localpart of the email address
  • Enter the password
  • Select Add
  • Done

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount - Add an existing mailbox.png

Pasha
Team Player

HI Gondola

Thanks very much. All sorted thanks to you.

Lynn
Gondola
Community Star

No worries.

Pleased to have guided you to a nice solution.

Enjoy your evening.

Highlighted
Community Team

Great work Gondola. 

Bumper12
Popular Poster

Hi there,

I only have email with TalkTalk (no broadband) via 2 Lineone email addresses. I'm prepared to pay £50 a year for the TalkTalk Mail Plus service.

Will I have to pay £50 for each address or does the cost include both?

Also, I access my email using client software ie. Outlook and Thunderbird. Will I continue to be able to access it this way using the Mail Plus service?

Regards.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Bumper12 

Both Lineone email addresses for the single subscription fee. The cost for TalkTalk Mail Plus is £5/m or £50 for a year with payment by Direct Debit. You'll get a MyAccount to manage up to 5 mailboxes for talktalk managed email addresses in return for the £5/m or £50pa subscription. About TalkTalk Mail Plus 

The TalkTalk Mail platform offers secure webmail and the ability to connect email apps and email clients like Outlook and Thunderbird operating either as POP3 or IMAP account clients (IMAP recommended). 

Bumper12
Popular Poster
Brilliant. Thanks for the help!!

Regards.
SimonT
Conversation Starter

I have an old legacy LineOne email account but I'm not a TalkTalk customer.

So, if I understand this correctly, if I want to keep my old email addy, I now have to pay £50 per year. But I get 4 additional mail boxes to go with it.

Otherwise, it will closed sometime after October, with access being restricted to web browser only from the 3rd yes?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @SimonT 

The costing for the TalkTalk Mail service is £50 a year or if you might wish to pay monthly then it's £5 a month for the management via MyAccount of up to 5 mailboxes for the subscription fee.

You're quoting some dates so I assume you have received a personal email message from TalkTalk giving details of how you become a TalkTalk Mail Plus subscriber?  And what happens if you choose not to become a TalkTalk Mail Plus subscriber?

As for the bit about webmail only access - I have no idea what that's about.

SimonT
Conversation Starter

Hi @Gondola 

Well this is from the email I received...

Unfortunately, if you choose not to sign up for TalkTalk Mail Plus, from 03/10/2019 you’ll lose the vast majority of TalkTalk Mail features. For example, you’ll only be able to sign in at www.talktalk.co.uk/mail to check your emails.

A few months after 03/10/2019, we will start closing down mailboxes that aren’t registered to a TalkTalk Broadband account or signed up for TalkTalk Mail Plus.

So, essentially, pay up or lose it then?

Gondola
Community Star

...OK, I wasn't aware of the content of these emails and TalkTalk have not briefed us in advance about them. 

They've also instructed the TalkTalk Community team OCE's not to discuss details with anyone not in receipt of a personal email message about TalkTalk Mail Plus.

I infer from the wording that, for you, your decision date has been set at 3 October.  At that point if you've not indicated you wish to subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus or rejoin TalkTalk as a broadband customer then you'll get access to just webmail and nothing else on the TalkTalk Mail platform.  Your webmail mailbox will also be flagged for deletion and I assume the system will purge those mailboxes that have been flagged. Maybe it'll be an automatic system purge after 6 months just like the system deletion after non-use for 180 days? 

The article About TalkTalk Mail Plus says that if the account is operating in a restricted state (webmail only) then it can be restored by paying the subscription.  There's no indication of the time allowed for making your decision.  Heads up that it may not be as long as 6 months.  And once the system has deleted that is an unrecoverable deletion.

If you do rejoin TalkTalk as a broadband customer then TalkTalk Mail with the complete set of features is available free of charge.

SimonT
Conversation Starter

Cheers @Gondola 

Yeah, that's what I thought, thankyou.

Will probably let my old LineOne email account expire then, as I have enough outgoings to shell out for. A great shame as it was my original addy from when I first got online. Think I've had it for about 20 years now and was still using it as my primary email. 😪

I can understand TalkTalk having to charge, given the amount of legacy email accounts from other ISPs they've acquired and still have to manage. So I guess this was inevitable, just a matter of time as to when it would happen.

Suppose I can't complain too much. It's been looked after for free for the vast majority of time I've had it and at least they've given me plenty of notice, so I can re-register all my online accounts to one of my other emails addys.

Also, I have time to reconsider, just in case I want to hang on to it for a bit longer.

Anyway, thanks again!

(apologies if this post sounds a bit sentimental, it just kind of feels like the end of an era).

carpcat1
Popular Poster

If I pay out for MailPlus as I currently don’t have broadband, will I then get it free of charge if I sign up to broadband at a later date and is this process automatic? ie do the charges stop for mailplus automatically if I sign up to broadband?

Community Team

Hi SimonT, I'm sorry to hear you've opted not to take up TalkTalk mail plus. As you can imagine providing free email for so many years has cost us considerable amount of money over time.