Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk Mail Plus

ANSWERED
23 REPLIES 23
dazza5152
Participant

I have talktalk broadband and have received emails for old tinyonline and tiscali email accounts i want to keep - this makes a total of 8 email accounts i need - but no one at talktalk can tell me if the old tinyonline or tiscali accounts will be included as part of the talktalk package which is limited to 5 emails - or if i paid for talktalk mail plus how it would be managed in addition to the 5 talktalk email accounts i am already using - in other words how will i be able to see / view the additional 3 email accounts in myaccount? can someone help - as ever talktalk customer service leaves a lot to be desired and after the talktalk data breach a year or two back you would expect better

additionally i contacted talktalk helpdesk as when i tried to add the extra 3 email accounts to my account i got an error message telling me to try again later - helpdesk said this was a known problem and engineers working on it - later i tried again and the 3 extra email addresses were accepted by myaccount but i still cannot view them just the original 5 - what does this mean - does anyone at talktalk know what this means and can give me a clear answer please?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @dazza5152 

Can I have more than 5 TalkTalk Mail email addresses? 

I'd like you to receive a clear answer from the TalkTalk Mail project team as this would also give a clear message to other customers that currently use more than 5 talktalk managed mailboxes.

What I'd like you to do first is check that your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Add / update, then scroll down and add all of the email addresses to Private notes and then save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account.

My understanding, subject to TalkTalk confirmation, is that TalkTalk broadband customers can only operate one MyAccount and that this MyAccount can manage up to 5 mailboxes.

The Mail Plus subscriber MyAccount is reserved just for TalkTalk Mail Plus customers.  If a TalkTalk Mail Plus customer rejoins TalkTalk as a broadband customer the MyAccount is converted to a full service account and the TalkTalk Mail Plus billing ceases.

If a customer leaves TalkTalk broadband but wishes to keep TalkTalk mailboxes they'll subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus and have a new Mail Plus Direct Debit for the subscription.

What this means is that users of legacy email addresses have to make a difficult choice of which email addresses to keep.  OCE_Ady is a member of the TalkTalk Mail Project and has given this reply in the original thread linked here.

Subject to confirmation of the above by OCE_Ady on behalf of TalkTalk I think what's needed to help you is a transition period of 3 months of Mail Auto forward for the 'extra' mailboxes that you're going to have to drop.  This isn't yet accepted as a TalkTalk option but I've raised it as an idea to TalkTalk. Of course Ady will need to know which mailboxes you must keep in the 5 managed addresses.

If you can decide over the weekend then please mark up the Private notes box where I requested you put the list of email addresses.  If you need more time then just let us know.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

dazza5152
Participant

Hi @ Gondola,

Many thanks for taking the time to respond and the information you have provided – much appreciated.

My first quick question is as I am a talktalk customer can I keep the 5 email addresses I have in MyAccount plus the 3 from a mix of Tiscali and Tinyonline without paying extra to talktalk mail plus?

If so how can this be managed in MyAccount so that I can see / view all 8 email addresses in MyAccount? Or if I pay for the talktalk mail plus in addition to my talktalk broadband can I then keep all 8 email addresses? See over the years talktalk has tried to sell me extra products and if I had sufficient confidence in talktalk I would have bought them – but had to go elsewhere due to lack of talktalk customer service and reliability – I keep hoping things will get better at talktalk but if talktalk cannot sort something as simple as email mail boxes it is worrying – I have friends who are talktalk customers who also worry and also some who have already left talktalk.

I clicked on Personal Information (Click here) but feel a little uncomfortable adding personal details here especially my phone number as this does not look very secure to me? I scrolled down to Private Notes as you suggested and noticed it said only I can see Private Notes which made me feel a bit more comfortable for that bit from a security perspective. Can you tell me more about the the TalkTalk Community Team OCE as I am new to this – does the OCE work for TalkTalk or something else?

What I am looking for really is a way to keep all 8 email addresses I have as a TalkTalk customer – I have been with TalkTalk for a long time – I realise customer loyalty counts for nothing nowadays with banks and others but hoping it might here – I have been through the tough times with TalkTalk as it has evolved and just hoping for a bit of help here? There are lots of other customers in similar situations to me.

Many thanks in anticipation

Gondola
Community Star

Hi dazza5152 

My understanding is that the future limit on email address count is a maximum of 5 even if you are able to utilise more right now.

We'll wait for positive confirmation on the email address count from OCE_Ady who is TalkTalk staff and one of the few authorised TalkTalk people able to view all fields in the Community profile Personal information.

Heads up that whilst all Community profile fields are viewable only by you and authorised TalkTalk people the Community Bio and Signature are public.  Your access is secured by password so create and maintain the password with the same security as you'd use for online bank access.

OCE_Chris
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi dazza5152,

Gondola's explanation is pretty much how I understand it to work too. Further clarification may have to wait until OCE_Ady is back next week but I'll try to find out more information in the meantime 

Thanks

Chris

dazza5152
Participant

Hi @Gondola,

Thanks again for the help.

It worries me that your understanding is that we will be limited to only 5 email accounts even though I can use 8 right now. I am old tinyonline who then went to Tiscali, when I joined Tiscali they promised me that I would be able to access my tinyonline email accounts as normal so I joined Tiscali, then when talktalk took over Tiscali I made sure with talktalk that I could access both my old tinyonline and Tiscali email accounts in addition to the new talktalk email accounts which they promised I could, on this promise I joined talktalk to access all my accounts instead of Sky or BT etc – talktalk should not be moving the goal posts now and keep to their original promise. The only reason I stayed with talktalk was the convenience of accessing all my old email accounts, in those days I had many more but let some go – I don’t want to let any more go just because talktalk no longer cares enough about its loyal customers.

I will look forward to OCE_Ady confirming the email address account then and if it is only 5 I need to know how to access the other 3 even if it means paying for talktalk mail plus?

Thanks for the heads up – when OCE_Ady respondsI will likely complete this.

cheers

dazza5152
Participant

Hi @OCE_Chris,

Thanks for the update - this is worrying for me - I guess we will need to wait till OCE_Ady gets back to confirm what the options are.

There must be a way to simply access all my 8  accounts - talktalk are being short sighted here and obviously just looking to cut costs rather than customer care which is annoying when they keep trying to increase my costs - wouldnt mind if things got better but they havent - and me like others would have bought more products if we felt talktalk could be trusted more rather than forgetting the customers especially after that terrible talktalk data breach not long ago and other smaller ones.

Hopefully OCE_Ady can find a resolution as I am not the only one with this problem and I dare say the attempt to cut costs is probably talktalk seeking to sell the business later perhaps?

Many thanks

OCE_Chris

Hi dazza5152,

I've been looking into this and it appears that you can only have 5 email addresses included with your TalkTalk service, you would have to sign up again to mail plus, for any additional email addresses that you would like to keep (so you would have two MyAccounts)

If there are email address attached to your main account that you no longer use, you can delete these and add the other addresses. Of course it's probably only worth doing this if you have 3 email addresses  that you would like to delete 

Thanks

Chris

dazza5152
Participant

Hi @OCE_Chris,

That is disappointing especially after being promised by talktalk when they took over tiscali that i would always be able to access these old email accounts.

Ok then can you help me understand how it would work to have 2 accounts - my talktalk account currently has the maximum 5 email accounts already in it fully used -so how will I be able to manage the other 3 legacy email accounts I need with a new talktalk mail plus account at an additional cost of £50.00 per year to my already expensive talktalk broadband account? I cannot find anything that explains how I  will be able to manage and see both accounts so that I can still see the 5 email addresses used in my current talktalk account then the additional 3 legacy email accounts in a new talktalk mail plus account? There is little or no information available as ever from talktalk for this other than the additional cost of talktalk mail plus - how does it work please - I dont want to pay yet more and find it is useless and unable to se all 8 email accounts?

many thanks

OCE_Ady

Hi dazza5152, there's no information available as you can't have 2 accounts. However, if you have a family member who isn't currently with TalkTalk there's nothing to stop them signing up in their name, but giving you full access to the account. That would allow you a further 5 mailboxes. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

dazza5152
Participant

Hi @OCE_Ady  - thanks for the update appreciated - obviously i am disapointed with talktalk not allowing more than 5 email addresses per account - i have 5 email addresses on my main account already leaving 3 email addresses that are a problem for me - and i do not want to give up any email addresses - can i do this instead?:

• For the other 3 email addresses can i sign up for an additional talktalk plus mail account but just call it my second account instead of having to use a family member for the other 3 emails accounts? In other words as an example say my main account which already has 5 emails was in the name of dazza - can i then pay for an additional talktalk mail plus account but simply call it dazza account number 2?
  • Or can I have all emails forwarded for the 3 other 3 email accounts to one of my 5 other email account already on my main talktalk account ?

thanks again

dazza

OCE_Ady

You can't have 2 MyAccount in your name Dazza I'm afraid. You can forward mail, but eventually the mails will be deleted as the accounts won't be attached to a paying account. Sorry.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

dazza5152
Participant

Ok thanks Ady - but I am really disappointed by talktalk service again especially as they promised to keep this service going when I switched over from Tiscali - I should have changed to another provider then but heyhoe.

How can I forward the emails for email accounts over the 5 email accounts I am allowed by the measly talktalk service for as long as the service lasts please?

thanks again

dazza

Gondola
Community Star
Solution

Hi Dazza

Ady's not been here today so I'm stepping up just to let you know how to forward messages from TalkTalk Mail mailboxes.

The Auto Forward setup is in the TalkTalk Mail Settings.

Auto Forward Enable.png

Sign in to TalkTalk Mail and then:

• Select the Menu option      top right
    (triple line hamburger icon or cog icon for mobile)
  • Select Settings from the list
  • Select the arrow icon alongside Mail, left side panel (or Email)
  • Under Mail, select Auto Forward
  • In the Auto Forward pane
    Enter the email address in the box
    Select the Enable tick-box
    Select Keep a copy of the messages (in the TalkTalk Inbox)
    Select Process subsequent rules if there are more filtering actions
  • Done

OCE_Ady

Hi dazza, sorry to have disappointed you. The option of having 5 more is there, but you'd need someone else to sign up and five you control of the account.

Ady

dazza5152
Participant

@Gondola 

Hi Gondola - thanks for that - sure useful to know - a few of the email accounts I need to keep over the 5 I have not set up as yet online which was the whole problem as limited to only 5 email accounts - also I get mine emailed directly to my outlook rather than the portal as i prefer not to save any email outside my control and security especially with the possibility of hacks elsewhere - however this is useful to know and I may need to do this even if it is only a short term fix so thanks

Cheers,

dazza

dazza5152
Participant

@OCE_Ady 

Hi Ady - ok thanks - I have spoken to a member of my family who have said yes they will do this and let me use their name for the other email accounts - but I need to pay for it myself out of my own bank account not their bank account  - is this ok - it would be the same bank account I use for my main current talktalk account?

cheers

Tim

OCE_Ady

It most certainly is Tim. It's great that a family member is able to help out. I'm always happy to hear that someone is able to continue using the service. 

Ady

dazza5152
Participant

@OCE_Ady 

Great thanks Ady - do you have a link I can use so I can sign my family member up with me paying via my own bank account please then I can get this done quickly.

Cheers,

dazza

hothfield
Team Player

Thanks for the auto-forward advice Gondola -  very helpful to be able to do this. I award you the Venice Badge (pins a bit of tat to Gondola's lapel)

I will not have to manually do this as I have been for the past few weeks whilst waiting for TT  to correct my Manage 'Webmail 'problem further to the receipt of the 'Your TT Webmail won't be free for much longer'....

Again thanks for stepping up to the plate