Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk Mail Plus

ANSWERED
9 REPLIES 9
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @OCE_Ady 

About TalkTalk Mail Plus flags up that the new TalkTalk Mail is free for TalkTalk Broadband customers but will attract a direct debit charge for non customers.

I expect emails will be going out to email users that are not TalkTalk customers to ask them to sign up. Do we know when the first emails will go out? And how much time users will have to decide to subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus and or arrange an alternate email service before email accounts are deactivated?

Gondola - Community support team

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

ferguson
Community Star

Curious to know how much it will cost, doesn't seem to be any mention of that.

Community Team

Hi G, the first emails went out on Friday evening it seems.   The cost is going to be £5 per month or £50 per annum. If you have a BB account you need to link any orphaned mailboxes to it to keep it free. 

Gondola
Community Star

...I see that the adding of legacy email addresses to MyAccount is ready for broadband and email only customers that will be able to Sign in to MyAccount, select My Services and Manage TalkTalk Mail from the drop-down list and see the list of (nominally up to 5) email mailboxes.

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount.png

Add an existing mailbox up to the limit of 5 mailboxes per customer.

For email only customers that may already have more than 5 mailboxes, will they be required to delete some email addresses? And is there going to be an easy way of deleting an email address not yet listed in MyAccount (for broadband and email only customers) or will that be managed, as it is now, by the Data Protection Team?

Community Team
Solution

Hi G, 5 is the max limit, which will hurt those with more who will have to choose which 5. They'll be able to delete the mail in MA if they haven't if not same as now sending to the GDPR team.

Ady

Pasha
Team Player

Hi I'm confused both myself and my partner have tiscali.co.uk email address's. My partner received an email about this. .

Her emails come through on the webmail service, but it seemed to be saying this wouldn't happen after the 24/9/19 unless she had a broadband account. I have the account in my name and pay the bills, so can I add her address to one of my 5 I only have 1 address.

It's very unclear, please can you advise. Thanks.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Pasha 

Yes you can add your partner's tiscali email address to your MyAccount so long as it's not already associated with another MyAccount. You'll need your partner's consent and the password for the tiscali mailbox.

Just sign in to your MyAccount and select My Services and Manage TalkTalk Mail from the drop down list. Advice article on Managing your email in My Account 

Manage TalkTalk Mail - Add an existing mailbox.png

Select Add an existing mailbox and follow the instructions:

• Select tiscali.co.uk in the drop-down list box
  • Enter the localpart of the email address
  • Enter the password
  • Select Add
  • Done

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount - Add an existing mailbox.png

Pasha
Team Player

HI Gondola

Thanks very much. All sorted thanks to you.

Gondola
Community Star

No worries.

Pleased to have guided you to a nice solution.

Enjoy your evening.

Community Team

Great work Gondola.