cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk Mail Plus

ANSWERED
Community Team

Hi Carpcat1, if you've had the email it will provide the relevant details for your situation.

SimonT
Conversation Starter

Hi @OCE_Ady 

Yeah, thats a fair comment. Again, suppose I should be greatful they kept it going for so long.

Aaaah well, nothing lasts forever.

keithbridle
Team Player

What a timely discussion!

I've had my email from talktalk (although oddly, my OH hasn't and his email address has been orphaned longer than mine!).

Do we know if orphaned addresses are porting to this new product properly?  (ie no "this email is associated with another MyAccount" errors) ?

Many thanks!

Community Team

Hi keithbridle, please start your own thread and I'll be happy to address this for you.

keithbridle
Team Player
Hello! I’ll start my mail plus and scream if it doesn’t port. Thanks!
AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor

I trust that TalkTalk Mail Plus will be advert free, and the current webmail portal is spoilt by adverts.

After all, I'm sure TalkTalk wouldn't expect users for pay for a service and push adverts to them at the same time!

ferguson
Community Star

@AldridgeAndy wrote:

.... the current webmail portal is spoilt by adverts.

An ad blocker stops that, works for me.  🙂

mniven
Conversation Starter
This is a useful thread. I had not received any warning emails from TT concerning any of the four toucansurf email addresses we use here. This is not surprising since I have a fast broadband contract with TT. However, it prompted me to check in My Account that all four addresses are indeed registered properly. So that just leaves the usual random failures of email clients to successfully log into the pipex servers that legacy users have had to put up with for some years now. Maybe I missed some announcement, but what happened to the threatened server upgrades for legacy email users?
Gondola
Community Star

Hi mniven 

As you're a TalkTalk broadband customer your TalkTalk Mail service remains free of charge.

My understanding is that you'll receive at least two advance email messages from TalkTalk to prepare you for your toucansurf mailboxes to be upgraded to the TalkTalk Mail platform.  The upgrade will be mailbox by mailbox and not by customer so you'll likely start with one mailbox upgraded at a time. But each will receive advance email messages.

If you haven't had a look at what's coming here's the preview: TalkTalk Mail

Gondola - Offline : No posts or PM's

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

mniven
Conversation Starter

Hi Gondola,

Thank you very much for the comprehensive response to my question and the link to the new email explanation, much appreciated.  Do you happen to know if there is a likely timescale for migration to be completed?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi mniven 

Project timescales haven't been published so just keep a watch on each Inbox (and, just in case, the Spam and Junk folders) for the preparatory emails from TalkTalk.

thomas4a
Team Player

Got a email today . Talk Talk do seem to have given us little notice of this (under 2 months) and looking at this thread people are perhaps receiving emails at different times.

I am a talk talk customer but already have 5 emails registered. When i try to add my lineone address it comes up with the message "Sorry something went wrong and we were unable to add the TalkTalk email. Please try again later." . I assume this is probably because I already have 5 email addresses and will have to remove one if I want to add my lineone address??? . It would have been better if tiscali had added a couple of email slots (I am sure other people willl already have used 5 tiscali emails. I think the way Tiscali have handled this is very poor, is taking many long term talk talk customers for granted and will loose some talk talk customers. 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @thomas4a 

See post 5 in this thread to see what OCE_Ady advised.

TalkTalk broadband customers have the ability to create and use 5 mailboxes. To be fair to everyone you cannot have more than 5 mailboxes included for free in your service contract.

Out of interest, are you prepared to pay an additional £5 a month for more mailboxes?  I'm not saying that's currently possible, I'm just asking what people that have more than 5 legacy mailboxes might wish to do. 

As you suggest in your post, if there are mailboxes in your current MyAccount that you can delete then you can add an existing address. Managing your email in My Account is the advice you may find helpful.

thomas4a
Team Player

No I am not prepared to pay for more mailboxes (Talk Talk has already increased the cost of my broadband over the last couple of years I do not want to want to pay even more). I am sure many people have used up 5 addresses not knowing this change was on its way (I am sure when people have 5 emails they don't think I will keep one spare just in case talk talk decide to take away my legacy lineone address) . I think £5 a month is very expensive for emails (I doubt it is cost of maintaining 5 (or more) mailboxes is anything like this). In the my account it gives you a option to add another email even if you have 5 then comes up with a error message "Sorry something went wrong and we were unable to add the TalkTalk email. Please try again later." if you cannot add another email it should show something like " maximum email addresses reached please delete a email address to add another" (this seems to be a very poor design of the managing emails page). 

Many customers with legacy emails like lineone have been with talk talk for years and talk talk are not looking after existing customers by this move. I think talk talk should offer some extra mailboxes for existing customer (or at the very least given a lot longer notice of these changes (e.g at least 6 months or a year). It seems Talk talk just seem to be interested in making more money from their customers and not providing good customer support. 

I will probably delete my lineone account (or another email address) although trying to make sure any emails are transferred to other addresses will take up time. In the long term I may consider whether it is worth remaining with Talk Talk

Gondola
Community Star

@thomas4a wrote:  No I am not prepared to pay for more mailboxes...

Thanks for that quick 'survey' response. I think that would be my response also. So, you have a simple choice to decide which 5 free mailboxes to consolidate your TalkTalk Mail usage on.

And if you need more free mailboxes then Google, Yahoo and Microsoft have free mail services to give you flexibility. Always a good backup to have for resilience (not all eggs in one basket etc).

thomas4a
Team Player

I don't think talk talk are being fair to existing customers by pushing this on us and at short notice. If I had known when I filled up all my emails slots that I would have needed one in the future I would have used another company email service instead of using the last email slot. I am now in a position where I will have to spend time finding which emails I need to transfer to another account and contact anyone that may have just my lineone address. I along with other people have limited time to do time consuming tasks like this (perhaps talk talk would like to compensate us for the loss of our legacy emails and the time we spend migrating emails to other services?). It would not cost talk talk much  to give us extra slots for legacy emails for free (It is not a matter of being fair to all customers it is being fair to loyal customers who have used talk talk for many years). If talk talk are concerned about addresses not being used anymore it could have just asked people to register their address to a legacy slot within a certain time.

muffin1
Conversation Starter

@Gondola 

Hello Gondola,

I have been reading some of the forum posts and saw this new Talk Talk Mail Plus service and having to pay for it in the future. We have only ever had one TIscali account that we would like to carry on using (we are not Talktalk customers ) but have not had any e-mails about losing it or having to pay (which we have no problem with). We had some e-mails earlier this year from Talktalk about making sure all our passwords and contact details are up to date but nothing more about not being able to use out Tiscali e-mail unless we pay. Can you please just advise how it works and have we been forgotten or will be getting an e-mail to explain the options and what we have to do?

Thank you.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @muffin1 

Here's the information about TalkTalk Mail Plus and the management of TalkTalk Mail is described in the TalkTalk Mail Hub

All legacy mail users will receive, via each email address, an invitation from TalkTalk to subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus.  Legacy customers using multiple legacy email addresses that are currently managed by TalkTalk will therefore receive multiple invitations. You'll only be required to respond to one invitation and for up to 5 email addresses add them all to one new Mail Plus subscriber MyAccount.

You're not able at this time to proactively apply for a Mail Plus subscriber MyAccount. Just look out for the TalkTalk invitation to subscribe to Mail Plus. You may wish to check the Spam / Deleted / Junk folder just in case the invitation gets diverted.

muffin1
Conversation Starter

@Gondola 

Thank you so much for the quick response, it has put my mind at rest that I have not missed anything. No e-mails have come through so far but as soon as one does I will follow the instructions and sign up.

dazza5152
Chatterbox

i posted a question this eveing - why was it deleted?

thanks