Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk Mail Plus

10 REPLIES 10
Chatterbox

Dear Tech Support

On August 31st I signed up for your Mail Plus service. I received immediate confirmation that my email address "has been successfully registered to the monthly payment plan" for "TalkTalk Mail Plus". I then received an email with my new TalkTalk account number saying that my direct debit had been setup and my online banking shows this to be the case.

However, I can not login to my account. On entering my credentials I get "The email address or password you entered is incorrect.". I then click on the " reset your login details" link, enter my email address and am told "Your email address is not recognised".  Clicking on the " register your TalkTalk details to gain access to My Account." doesn't help either because I don't have a TalkTalk landline number.

Despite the confirmations when I signed up, I'm not convinced that I am actually registered with your Mail Plus service. 

Please fix it so that I can access My Account as I want to add a couple of other Tiscali addresses before the threatened "from 02/10/2019 you’ll lose the vast majority of TalkTalk Mail features" kicks in.

I've added extra relevant info to my forum profile.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Secret Squirrell, I've passed this onto the project and I'll post back once I've got information for you.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Chatterbox

Hi Ady

It's been over two weeks since I posted so do you have an update for me? 

Like I said before, I need to access My Account so that I can add another Tiscali email address. According to the email I received from you for that address it said "from 02/10/2019 you’ll lose the vast majority of TalkTalk Mail features". That date is tomorrow.

I believe that you're doing all you can to help me but has the Project Team forgotten about me or do they not know how to fix it? It's disappointing to see that others with the same problem still haven't had a resolution either.

Everything is in hand the team are working to fix the issues you're seeing. If you give me the other email address I'll have it excluded from further action.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Chatterbox

@OCE_Ady wrote:

..........................If you give me the other email address I'll have it excluded from further action.

Thanks Ady - I've added it to the bottom of my "Private Notes" section.

Thanks I've added that to our exclusion list. If you still get emails about linking them to an account you can ignore it. 

Chatterbox

I've been waiting patiently for nearly five months now and nothing's changed so do you have any updates for me?

I'm concerned that your "exclusion list" won't last forever and I'll suddenly lose my email addresses.

I noticed on this thread that Lizzie had the same problem as me and was advised by Ady to register again. Will this work for me or will I end up with two non-working accounts, two Direct Debits,  and double the frustration?

Please help.

Community Star

Hi @Secret Squirrel 

Just to let you know that I've alerted Ady and I'm sure he'll chase this up for you. I believe the early issues with registering for Mail Plus have long since been fixed but I'd like Ady to confirm if he does suggest you re-register for Mail Plus.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Hi Secret Squirrel, I've got more tools available to me now. If you reply to my personal message I'll get this sorted for you.

Ady

Chatterbox

Thanks for your help and personal messages Ady but I would like to reiterate the description of my problem in case there's any confusion:

1) Even though I have an account number that was given to me when I registered for TalkTalk Mail Plus, I can't login and the system says I don't have an account.

2) The TalkTalk Mail Plus Direct Debit was setup in August of last year but no payments have been taken.

I've had my email address for roughly 20 years and I really don't want to lose it.

We're working to fix the problem with the MyAccount have no fear I won't allow your mail to be deleted. If you see any changes you know where to find me, just let me know and I'll correct what needs correcting for you.

Ady