Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk Mail Plus

6 REPLIES 6
Lizzie66
First Timer

I was a TT customer until I moved house last year and TT were unable to provide a service at my new address, but have continued to use my TT email address.  On 20 August I received the email that explained the changes to the TT email service and invited me to sign up for Mail Plus.  I am happy to pay for my email address and signed up on 28 August.  At the end of the online registration process the final screen said my email address "has been successfully registered to the annual payment plan".  This was followed immediately by an email confirming that my Direct Debit had been set up, and I can see in my online banking that this is the case, but no money has been taken yet.

Since then I have received a further 2 emails inviting me to sign up to Mail Plus, followed by another one saying that as I "haven't yet signed up to TalkTalk Mail Plus, we wanted to remind you that your TalkTalk Mail service will be changed after 07/11/2019."  I am not able to log into my account to add the other email address that was associated with my original TT account.  This is my husband's and he has received 2 emails about Mail Plus - his change date is 11/12/2019.  We have used these 2 email addresses for 14 years so it would cause us a lot of problems to lose them.

I have spent a lot of time making many calls to customer support, which can be difficult when you don't have a TT landline, and I was given an incident number on 28 October (1-000006-254153-0), but nothing has been resolved.  Perhaps there is something wrong with my registration for Mail Plus so could someone look into this for me please, and ensure that my mailbox is protected until the situation is resolved?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Lizzie66 

I've alerted the TalkTalk team about your subscription to Mail Plus.

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add your email address that you registered for the Mail Plus MyAccount with any relevant other notes about your former broadband MyAccount including its landline telephone number and your husband's email address and finally save changes.

TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate your former MyAccount and new Mail Plus registered TalkTalk details.

You ought to be able to sign in to your new Mail Plus MyAccount using your email address and password that you registered for the Mail Plus subscription.

But you'll not be able to add your husband's email address as that's linked to your former MyAccount and will need unlinking by the TalkTalk team before you'll be able to add it to your new Mail Plus MyAccount.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Lizzie66
First Timer

Hi Gondola

I have added the information in Private Notes as requested. 

I had another TT account with another email address at a different property that was sold two years ago, and the account closed. I have received the first email inviting me to sign up to Mail Plus for that email address, which I use very occasionally now.  I understand that I can have up to 5 email addresses linked to my new Mail Plus account for the one annual fee, so have also added the details of that TT account in the Private Notes section. Will the TalkTalk Team be able to unlink that email address from my former account so that I can add it to my new Mail Plus account? 

Many thanks for your help

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Lizzie66 

Yes, if you wish to keep the former account's email address then so long as it has been kept active and isn't on the deleted / deactivated database then the team will be able to unlink that from your earlier MyAccount so you can add to the new Mail Plus MyAccount.

And yes, each Mail Plus customer MyAccount has the same ability as a Broadband customer MyAccount to manage up to 5 mailboxes.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi Lizzie66, you should be able to try to register again and it should complete this time. Just follow the same steps as before having clicked on the link and everything should go through properly this time. Once you've done it post back and I'll check for you. 

Ady

Lizzie66
First Timer

Hi Ady

Could you clarify please - do you mean click on the link in one of the emails inviting me to "Sign up for TalkTalk Mail Plus now" or do you mean "Register now" to set up for My Account?

If you mean the former, should I cancel the Direct Debit, set up when I originally signed up back in August before I try again?

Community Team

Hi Lizzie66, the former of the 2. Go from the start through the whole process and the initial DD setup won't be used. 

Cheers

Ady