Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk Mail Plus

11 REPLIES 11
tomarnot
Repeat Guest

I have paid for a years extension (£50)of my email service but one of my 2 email addresses (tinyworld) is not receiving emails but the other (tiscali) is. DO I have to pay £50 for each address or have Talk Talk not picked up my second address at Tinyworld

Thomas Arnot
Gondola
Community Star

Hi tomarnot 

Here's the advice about TalkTalk Mail Plus.  You only need the one Mail Plus MyAccount to manage up to 5 mailboxes for the £50 pa subscription fee.

Have you signed in to the new Mail Plus MyAccount to add the Tinyworld mailbox. Managing your email in My Account gives the details in the section 'Email not showing in My Account'.  If you find that the Tinyworld mailbox will not add to the MyAccount list of talktalk mailboxes, let us know. 

To troubleshoot the issue of not receiving mail messages, start by signing in to TalkTalk Mail here using the Tinyworld email address and its password. Let us know if you get a sign in error message and what that error message is. 

If you get signed in ok then Compose and Send a new message to the same mailbox to check that sending and receiving is working as expected. Let us know the outcome and we can pick up from here.

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es) with any relevant other notes and finally save changes. TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate your registered TalkTalk Mail Plus details.

Gondola - Offline : No posts or PM's

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

tomarnot
Repeat Guest

THank you. I sent email to myself - not received and no error message either.

Have updated profile

Thomas Arnot
Gondola
Community Star

Hi tomarnot

The lack of an error message is unusual.  Just to ensure the Tinyworld mailbox is actually sending, sign in to TalkTalk Mail here using the Tinyworld email address and its password.

Then Compose and Send a new message to the Tiscali mailbox to check that sending from Tinyworld and receiving by Tiscali mailboxes is working as expected. Let us know the outcome please.

tomarnot
Repeat Guest

Have sent a test message  and it has been received by the tiscali address

Thomas Arnot
Gondola
Community Star

Hi tomarnot 

Great.  That's a promising result.

Now to follow up on that would you sign in to TalkTalk Mail here using the Tinyworld email address and its password. Then check that Mail Auto Forward is not enabled and there are no Filter Rules that are diverting the incoming mail messages.

The Auto Forward and Filter Rules are accessed via the TalkTalk Mail Menu and Settings for Mail.

Auto Forward Enable.png

Sign in to TalkTalk Mail and then:

• Select the Menu option      top right
    (triple line hamburger icon or cog icon for mobile)
  • Select Settings from the list
  • Select the arrow icon alongside Mail, left side panel (or Email)
  • Under Mail, select Auto Forward
  • In the Auto Forward pane
    Unselect the Enable tick-box
  • Select Filter Rules
    Select Disable for all Filter Rules to troubleshoot the lack of incoming messages

And just to make sure the mailbox isn't full, select Mail from the header, select the View option of Folder View and look, bottom left of a pc display, to ensure there's good headroom on the 10GB Mail quota.

tomarnot
Repeat Guest

Hi gondola

I cannot connect to my mail through Tinyworld  as My Account only accepts Tiscali address and Password.

When My Mail opens both email addresses are shown but only Tiscali connects and opens. Tinyworld starts to connect but the gives a termination message 'unable to connect to the server'.

I have taken all the actions you suggested. Now stuck 

Thomas Arnot
Gondola
Community Star

...something tells me you've been on your own independent frolic and not following my guidance.

I've been asking you to sign in to TalkTalk Mail (click here) and answer my questions - not use a MyMail app. 

OK, so using the MyMail app you get the 'unable to connect to the server' message.  I cannot tell from that if it's your MyMail app settings that are wrong or if the mailbox that is faulty or simply unavailable.

tomarnot
Repeat Guest

OK. Clicking your link takes me to apps.talktalk.co.uk inbox where my 2 accounts  inboxes etc show.

What am I doing wrong?

Thomas Arnot
Community Team

Hi tomarnot, have you tried resetting the password for the tinyworld mail address using the password recovery tool?

Ady

tomarnot
Repeat Guest

Hi Ady

Am now receiving emails on my Tinyworld account. checked SSL on Account Properties and this seemed to cure problem

Thomas Arnot
Community Team

That's excellent, thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Ady