Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk Mail Plus

21 REPLIES 21
Popular Poster

Good evening

I have been trying to join talktalk mail plus but cannot find out how to do this.  The only link I can find is asking me to put my email address then password but I am frightened that this is a scam.

I don't want to loose my email addreses

Thank you

Community Star

Hi @LaurieLou 

Here's the official TalkTalk Mail Plus subscription page.

TalkTalk Mail Plus Monthly Sign Up Nov2019

You enter your email address and password so that the system can check the email address qualifies for the TalkTalk Mail Plus subscription.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi LaurieLou, Gondola has given you the right information. Please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Popular Poster

Hi

I managed to do this but have been unable to log onto my account since.  I am rather worried  now.

Community Star

Hi LaurieLou 

Let's start from the basics. What's the bit of your email address after the @ - for example talktalk.net  lineone.net  tiscali.co.uk

If your mailbox is on the TalkTalk Mail platform, and it has to be to get verified by MailPlus, please sign in to TalkTalk Mail (Click here). Tell us if there's an error message or if you can sign in ok.

Popular Poster

hi 

it is talktalk.net

i clicked on the link and it took me straight into my emails. I was already logged onto my emails though.

Community Star

Hi LaurieLou 

OK, that's great. Logged straight back in to your mailbox. Exactly how it should work.

Have you been able to Log in to MyAccount either immediately after subscribing to MailPlus or by following the link in the email confirmation.

Popular Poster

Hi no i haven't been able to get onto my account at all since signing up to mail plus.  I also havent tried to log onto emails after logging off as i still need access to my emails,

Should i have received an email from talktalk confirming I have subscribed to mail plus.

Thank you

Community Star

Hi LaurieLou 

Can I just check, somewhat in arrears, are you a TalkTalk Consumer broadband customer?  Although the MailPlus email verification does check that aspect prior to allowing you to subscribe.

Or are you saying that you cannot sign in to the new MailPlus MyAccount?

Yes you should have received an email confirmation with the Direct Debit details and a TalkTalk account number for the MyAccount.

Popular Poster

Hi 

I do not have a broadband account with talktalk.

I could sign into the my account section before but I cannot do this now.

I have not received an email or any information on a new mail plus account

Thank you

Community Star

Hi LaurieLou 

OK. I apologise for all these questions. I'm just trying to get my head around why your subscription to MailPlus seems not to have gone through.  You definitely should have received an email from talktalk to the mailbox address you signed up with.

Did you have a broadband contract with TalkTalk until recently i.e. in the last 12 months so you still had an active MyAccount related to that former broadband service?  If so, I assume the mailbox is not listed in that broadband MyAccount?

Popular Poster

Hi 

I have not had broadband account since 2017.

I was in my account just before I signed up for mail plus and my email address is the one liked to my account.

Community Star

Hi LaurieLou 

I think I understand.

I don't think your MailPlus application has gone through because you should have got an email from TalkTalk to link to the new MailPlus MyAccount and its account number and give you the Direct Debit details.

Although the email address is linked to the former MyAccount the check you did when signing up to MailPlus didn't flag up that you were already a customer with a MyAccount. It will do that for any active MyAccount.

So, I'm going to suggest that you try again to subscribe to MailPlus. If there are difficulties in getting the mailbox associated with the new MailPlus MyAccount we can ask the TalkTalk team to port the mailbox across.

Let me know how it goes.

Popular Poster

Hi

I tried again this morning as you suggested and it seems to have worked.

I also go an email confirming direct debit details.

Thank you for your help.

Community Star

...and your mailbox is added to the new MailPlus MyAccount ok?

Popular Poster

I have added my mail boxes to my new mail plus account.

The problem I now have is that I have had 2 different emails telling me that my direct debit is set up.  These have 2 different account numbers and payment reference numbers.

I think it has set me up twice. How can i sort this please

Community Star

Hi @LaurieLou 

Were the notification emails sent at the same time?  You didn't apply twice? i.e. one for each mailbox address?

You've successfully added all your TalkTalk managed mailboxes to a single MailPlus MyAccount. So when you login to MyAccount the account number showing there is the one you want to keep. Make a note of that account number.

The Direct Debit reference for that MyAccount is the one you want to keep. Make a note of that number. If your bank adds both Direct Debit Mandates to your bank account those will have the payment reference numbers. So, well before any money leaves your bank, carefully check and Cancel the unwanted one.

Please add to your Community Profile Private Notes a note about the duplicate MyAccount and its account number so that TalkTalk can cancel it.

Popular Poster

Hi 

If you can look at post number 13 on this trail you suggested I try submitting application again as I hadnt had an email confirming so that is what I did.

Looks like there must have been a delay in this first email coming through. 

Where do I find the profile private notes.

Community Star

@LaurieLou , click on your avatar. See your profile there. Click save to finish. 

Gliwmaeden2
Popular Poster

sorry dont know where avatar is