cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk Mail plus

8 REPLIES 8
First Timer

Hi - I’ve had a talk talk email for ages but stopped using broadband etc. Paid £50 to keep my and my wife’s email etc - but trying to put my wife’s included in mine but every time I try to add / set up an account it doesn’t recognise my email (although I definitely use it and often !) can anyone help ???. Thanks

Community Star

There's rather a queue on here,  I am afraid to say. 

@Kennysaints, it may take a day or two for a Talktalk staff member to reach your post. Just wait - don't post again before they reply, as it will send your thread to the back of the queue!

Meanwhile, you can speed things up a little by completing your personal information details for the forum. 

Please update your community profile.

Under "my settings" "personal information"....

Essential to show Landline Phone Number 

Back up smartphone/mobile could be helpful. 

Name
Address (location)

SAVE CHANGES 
Gliwmaeden2
Community Star

Hi @Kennysaints 

Grateful if you'd follow member Gliwmaeden2's advice and before you save changes at the bottom of the page just put your email addresses in the Private notes box.  Thanks.

When you subscribed to Mail Plus Annual did you get an email confirmation with the Direct Debit details and the account number for the MailPlus MyAccount?

Have you signed in to the MailPlus MyAccount and tried to add the mailbox email addresses?  Is that when you get a red banner error message saying try again later?

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

First Timer

Yes - for direct debit email etc but trying to set up and it doesn’t recognise my email address ??.

Community Star

Hi Kennysaints 

OK, that'll be the email address that's associated with a former MyAccount and needs releasing from that MyAccount and adding to your new MailPlus MyAccount.

Just ensure that email address is identified in your Community profile private notes as the one that needs adding to your new MailPlus MyAccount and also put the new MyAccount number in Private notes so the TalkTalk team can positively identify both.

I would say it'll be fixed in a jiff...but we live in strange times with fewer teams so it'll take a bit longer before you see results but it will happen.

First Timer

Thank you

First Timer

Would I get a confirmation when this is completed from the TalkTalk team ???. Thanks

Community Star

Hi @Kennysaints 

You'll definitely get a confirmation here when the fault ticket is raised.

May not get a confirmation when done because the back-office team will simply email a confirmation to the OCE and if the OCE is busy or away then the confirmation here may be delayed.

But if the back-office add the mailbox to your MyAccount then you'll see it sitting there when you sign in and view My Mailboxes.

Community Manager - TT Staff

Hey , 

Sorry for the delayed reply, we're doing our best in these unprecedented circumstances due to the Corona virus to answer everyone as quickly as possible.

Could you help me understand what your trying to setup, I see you mention paying £50 and i can see an account number in your profile but you dont appear to be registered for my account and your wives email but i can only see your one which is the one used for the community. 

I'm going to send you a pm if you could reply with some more info we can look into this 

thanks 

Stephen, Community Manager

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars l Set your preferences

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.