cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk Mailplus - "It looks like you're already an existing TalkTalk customer"

13 REPLIES 13
Elderfc
Repeat Guest

Hi.

I have been trying to sign-up for TalkTalk Mail Plus for over 2 months now but I get the message "It looks like you're already an existing TalkTalk customer. Please Log-on to My account to manage your email account."

This I initially did and my email address was in "My account". Then to try and fix the problem of not being able to sign up for Mail Plus a TalkTalk agent deleted my email address from the "My Account" details and now I cannot even get on to "My Account" so cannot even view my mobile account.

I was a TalkTalk customer who was moved to Fleur in September 2015, and I still have a TalkTalk mobile account as well.

My email is an old tiscali.co.uk email which I want to keep.

I have tried to sort out the problem on the phone, and via chat, to pay for TalkTalk Mail Plus to keep my email, but all that has happened is I am now in credit of £50 on my TalkTalk broadband account - which is disconnected. I have even received a letter from TalkTalk this week showing I am £50 in credit!!!

Every time I contact TalkTalk I get asked to follow the link to register for TalkTalk Mail Plus but get the same message. Numerous complaint numbers have been logged but nothing gets fixed.

Today I have been on the phone to TalkTalk for an hour and a half and just round in circles again.

Any help on this problem would be much appreciated before I loose my email address.

Thanks.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Elderfc 

I'm going to start by saying that you should ultimately make a complaint about the TalkTalk customer service process that's led to this unfortunate situation. How do I make a complaint? 

Before you get to that point I'll alert the TalkTalk team to get you back on track as a TalkTalk Mail Plus and (for the time being) TalkTalk Mobile and Mail customer.

You're not a TalkTalk Broadband customer so the process is normally to sign up for TalkTalk Mail Plus to be a TalkTalk Mail Plus customer to manage your TalkTalk mailboxes in return for the subscription fee of £5 pm or £50 pa. Sign up for TalkTalk Mail Plus 

However, you are, until TalkTalk close the mobile service - due to happen in the next few months - a TalkTalk Mobile customer and you still have the original Broadband MyAccount active, albeit that the phone service and broadband is disconnected, but in which you should be able to manage your TalkTalk Mobile and Mail services.

At least you should be able to sign in to that MyAccount but you're indicating that the Customer Service agent has deleted the email address used as the MyAccount login. So the first thing is to:

• Fix the current MyAccount login
  • Then to get advice from TalkTalk on how to manage your mailbox(es) - either use the existing MyAccount for TalkTalk Mobile and Mail or to have a new MailPlus MyAccount.

If you follow the Forgotten your My Account details and try for a password reset can you try that option using the email address you previously used with a new password to see if that gets you back in action with MyAccount.

If that doesn't work then the TalkTalk team will need to verify your MyAccount details and set up a new email address for you.

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es) with any relevant other notes about the former TalkTalk Broadband MyAccount and finally save changes. TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate your registered TalkTalk details.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Elderfc
Repeat Guest

Hi Gondola.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have tried the password reset again, tried it before, but it says "Your email address is not recognised. Check you have typed it correctly or you may need to register your TalkTalk details to gain access to My Account. ".

I have also tried the "register" before as well and this does not work. It lets me enter my Landline and Account number but then asks me to verify it, but only gives me the option to select "Send a text message to ***** ****** " the last two digits match my mobile phone number so this is correct, but I never get a text message. There is no option to select for and email to be sent to me.

As I say I paid £50 during one of the calls to TalkTalk on 23/09/19, they took the payment and said it would be for Mail Plus but it has just been added as a credit in my account. I have a screen shot of this, before I was locked out of my account when the email was deleted.

I have checked my Personal Information, as requested, it is Ok.

Thanks very much.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Elderfc 

I'll be keeping a close watch on this topic. You'll get a reply here from a TalkTalk OCE to commence reinstating access to your TalkTalk MyAccount and to sort out what's happening with your TalkTalk mailbox(es). 

Community Team

Hi ElderFc, the good news is that the email address is still live on our database. I was worried when you said frontline had deleted it from MyAccount as that's a very dangerous process without the right tools, which they don't have. I've sent you a personal message to obtain all the necessary security information so that I can fix this for you. 

Ady

Elderfc
Repeat Guest

Hi Ady.

Thanks for the reply, just checked but I do not have any PM so cannot let you know the info you need.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Elderfc 

A PM from Ady would normally be under the envelope icon top right of this Community page by your avatar when signed in to Community. Messages waiting are indicated by a red circle with a number in white overlayed on to the envelope icon.

Community Team

Hi Elderfc, I've checked and my PM is in your inbox. Please let me know when you've replied. 

Ady

Elderfc
Repeat Guest

Hi Ady, nothing in my PM inbox. I have sent you a PM 5 minutes ago.

Elderfc
Repeat Guest

Gondola, I have notifications showing when they arrive but nothing on the envelope and Inbox says "0 of 0 messages unread". Have sent Ady a PM.

Thanks.

Community Team

Hi Elderfc, I've resent the personal message for you. I'm still showing it as sent you should see it. Please let me know how you get on. 

Ady

Elderfc
Repeat Guest

Hi Ady.

PM received this time.

Just sent information you required.

Many Thanks.

Community Team

Thanks Elderfc, I've replied to your PM. 

I've now raised the escalation form to have your TalkTalk mail plus account added for you. 

Ady

Elderfc
Repeat Guest

Hi Ady

I have had an email from TalkTalk customerservice - "You recently contacted us about not being able to sign up to Talk Talk Mail Plus. After checking your account , we'd like to ask that you try and sign up again". 

I have followed the link in the email and again get the same message "It looks like you're already an existing TalkTalk customer......."

Went through the process of try signing in to "My Account", password rest, set-up TalkTalk account registration (that I have all tried many times before) and still cannot get anywhere.

Thanks.