Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk email account on Samsung phone

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
First Timer

Iv’e been getting the following message on my Samsung phone for almost a week now.

Re-enter your password

You must re-enter your password for your .......@talktalk.net account (IMAP)

I click on ‘ok’ then it takes me to a screen which has at the top ‘Edit IMAP’ to type in everything apart from my email address eg IMAP and STMP details, password, display name etc.

I’ve been trying and trying but it never works. I’ve also deleted the account numerous times but nothing fixes it.

Changed the password, checked it worked by going in through web to my account and it’s correct.

Oh and I don’t have this problem on my iPad, only my Samsung phone.

Went to a Samsung support shop today and they said it was something that Talktalk has done.

Any idea folks.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Ama56, I've just setup my test account on a Galaxy S9 using the default Samsung mail app allowing the app to choose settings and it's gone straight through. What phone, android version and app are you using? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
First Timer

What phone. Samsung A50

android version do you mean software version? It has the latest version 

app are you using? sorry not tech here, by this do you mean when I add the account? I select the Email option - red box with an envelope in the middle? Then select other, after adding my email address and password I’ve selected both Manual setup and also just the ‘Sign in’ option but neither seems to work.

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi there,

ok further update. Both accounts Talktalk and Tiscali are on the Samsung email app.

Though before I had them both listed under the Outlook app with my other emails accounts. I’m happy to just have them on the Samsung email app.

But how do I stop the password request message popping up every time I open the Outlook Mail app. That’s what driving me nuts now.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Have you tried removing the accounts from Outlook completely and then adding them again now that you know the emails are both working as they should? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.