Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk is very Sluggish, and Onetel is dead for emails

21 REPLIES 21
Hughmoz
Wizz Kid

TalkTalk is very, very sluggish tonight and Onetel has been more or less dead all week alegedly for maintenance that nobody knows when it will be sorted out. I cannot believe that we have to go through this pathetic service all the time. I can't delete email accounts or create new ones on TalkTalk. The last time I tried to delete an email address the other day it deleted the wrong account and I'm told that I cannot get it back so, I have lost a valuable email address and all of the emails on it. The CEO's office is unable to offer anything except excuses and one cannot speak to the engineers, who are the only ones who know anything relevant as, everyone else is just looking at screens and making apologetic noises which is no good to anybody. It's a complete shambles yet again with no sight of proper service or help with anything. What is wrong with TalkTalk?

Community Team

Hi,

I'm sorry for the delay. The Onetel issue is currently under investigation and I've requested an update on this now from our engineers. As soon as we know more then we'll update our Service Status page with the latest update.

Thanks

Hughmoz
Wizz Kid

Thanks. I did not receive an email notification that this had been replied to, and only saw it because, I came on the forum and had a look.

The TalkTalk issues remain the same with nobody doing anything about it. The world runs 24/7, however, TalkTalk seem to go to sleep on every problem and do not keep the customers informed.

Nobody can talk to the engineers who are the only ones who know what is going and everyone else at TalkTalk is looking at screens which is no help to anybody. They need to have an engineers office properly kitted out and manned sufficiently so that customers can call direct to get information that is current and well informed instead of all the vague "no idea" answers.

You also need a tab on the TalkTalk website Account page that will show customers where the problems are on the system, instead of having a separate url that nobody knows about.

Common sense and TalkTalk do not feature anywhere for some reason and the staff should be the first one's to raise this with their own company as, the communication and performance of TalkTalk is not good.

Community Team

Hi,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you with an update. Our engineers have tested this (Onetel issue) and have been unable to replicate this fault.

If you're still experiencing the same issue then please can you update your Community Profile with the email address affected (please do not post any personal information on the Community) and also a brief description of the issue that you're experiencing and we'll pass these examples over for our Network engineers to take a further look.

Thanks

Hughmoz
Wizz Kid

Where is community profile please? I have looked at my profile, but there is nothing there. The website is a complete mess of counter-intuitive ridiculousness I'm afraid. It is awful.

And, still no email notifications from forum posts. This is something that any other website in the world maages with consumate ease, but TalkTalk seem oblivious to good design and maintenance of anything.

There is no answer to my TalkTalk email problems either.

Community Manager

You can find your profile within settings here

Hughmoz
Wizz Kid

Ok thanks, fair enough, but where to put the information requested? It really is like having teeth pulled trying to do anything on this forum or get anywhere as, it is so unnecessarily complicated. Very poor design. I have put requested information in "private notes".

And, no answer to my TalkTalk email problems or, why I am not getting notifications on my posts?

I have just received 33 emails going back to yesterday at 14:42. There really is something very wrong at TalkTalk.

Community Manager

Just had confirmation the site is back and I can see it’s working. 

is it also working for you? 

Hughmoz
Wizz Kid

Onetel at long last appears to be working now.

I am now getting the notifications after having to redo my email accounts for "God knows how many times", and there were loads on my two surving email accounts that came flooding in from yesterday and today. It really is incredible how TallkTalk can make a pigs era of everything in one go.

Thanks for coming back to me.

Now I just have to try and get Steven to sort out my email problems on TalkTalk.

Community Manager
Thanks for confirming it’s working again and sorry for the downtime.
Hughmoz
Wizz Kid

Yes, and now I have 885 emails in my inbox because, the platform has downloaded everything all over again gong back a long way. As, I often say on this forum, the TalkTalk platform and engineering is not very good because they play at doing it properly!

The sign-in (checking for incoming mail)  on my iPhone and desktop Mac is still incredibly slow and takes far too long.

Community Team

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for the update. We are seeing some other comments on the Community advising that the service is still intermittent and slow so we have asked that this is investigated further and will let you know as soon as we know more.

I've also asked OCE_Ady if he can have a look at your other email queries tomorrow once he's back in the office. @OCE_Ady, could you help with this please.

Thanks

Hughmoz
Wizz Kid

Thanks, Michelle I appreciate the update.

Community Team

Hello,

No problem. I've now been advised that further work has been completed to restore service. They have also advised that they will be continuing investigations tomorrow morning to establish why the service has been intermittent and slow.

Thanks

Hughmoz
Wizz Kid

It is still very slow. TalkTalk is the same in the evenings often. Onetel has been fairly reliable over the years, but recently is a shadow of itself, in terms of being very slow and failing connections, which should be easy to fix, and stay fixed.

For some reason TalkTalk do not get any of the subsidiary email platforms running properly over any length of time and it's own platform has regular outages far too often. All email businesses seem to tag onto existing platforms, which regularly results in complete meltdowns.

Community Team

Hi Hugh,

Just to advise, I'm currently awaiting the outcome of the engineers investigations this morning.

Thanks

matzyx
Chatterbox

What I'd like to know is why this seems to be occurring more and more frequently, and why it takes longer and longer to fix each time.

I mean people's livelihoods can depend upon proper access to their emails. A 24 hour delay is way beyond acceptable, but this time this problem has been going on for 4 or 5 days. Incompetence is the word springing to mind.

I feel like us old onetel customers are at the very bottom of Talk Talk's priorities.

Hughmoz
Wizz Kid

They have our money every month and then hide behind the fact that email is free and therefore not government regulated, otherwise they would havre to pay compensation. It's cynical business ethics I'm afraid. I am a TalkTalk customer, but still use an Onetel email address that I have used for 20 years or more and both platforms have far too many issues regardless of TalkTalk having had three new platforms since they allowed the big hack years ago because, of poor security that they were warned about multiple times and ignored. Poor strategy in terms of usability, but profitable for TalkTalk..

Community Team

Hi Hughmoz, I wouldn't say we hide behind anything. As you probably know those who don't currently have an active TalkTalk account will soon be mailed to ask them to sign up to our new TalkTalk Mail Plus service which means those who currently pay nothing for email services will begin to. Onetel mailboxes are also soon to be moved onto our new mail platform along with all the other TalkTalk mail domains meaning everyone's email will look the same, feel the same and work the same or not as the case may be. If you've not seen details of this yet, take a look in the about TalkTalk Mail Plus article

Hughmoz
Wizz Kid

I'm already on the TalkTalk Plus and frankly it will make no difference to anyone as, the platform is unreliable due to lack of not spending enough to set up a good platform. The outages and problems are endemic because it has never been set up properly as a decent platform. It's full of holes. Other platforms/email providers do not go through constant problems. You have had three attempts since the self-created major hacking scenario, and all have been continually problematic because, they are not good platforms. You cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear! You need a proper well created platform with proper investment.