cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

TalkTalk.net POP3 Stopped Working

ANSWERED
4 REPLIES
Highlighted
ddtalk
Popular Poster

I use POP3 and IMAP on one of my talktalk.net email accounts, the POP3 stopped working on the 11/9/2017 with the following error message (I have starred out personal detail)

The RETR command did not succeed. Error retrieving a message. Mail server mail.talktalk.net responded: cannot open file '/nfs2/mailnec/mail_04/0a/16/*****%talktalk.net/0A70006B59C65326.msg' errno 2, file does not exist

I have put the usual details in Private Information but I don't understand what is meant by phone number for email address, so I have left that out.

Andy

ddtalk
Popular Poster
Solution

And fixed.

Thank you to the cleaner who kicked the right box on the way past Thumbs up

Taffod
First Timer

Would you mind sharing how you fixed this please?

I'm still stumped!

Taffod
First Timer

Would you mind sharing how you fixed iit pleae?

I cant see how to do it

ddtalk
Popular Poster

It just fixed itself shortly after I posted the problem, I assumed someone at talktalk had done something (talktalk cleaner kicked the appropriate box).

I know a while ago that POP3 wouldn't work properly unless you also accessed the account using IMAP.  I access my account with two devices using IMAP and one POP3.