Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk redirect to Pipex webmail login screen

ANSWERED
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi,

I very rarely use webmail, but I had a need to today and found that if I went to the normal TalkTalk webmail login screen (https://apps.talktalk.co.uk/appsuite/) and entered my dsl.pipex.com email address it did not redirect to the screen where I could log into my Pipex mailbox, instead it redirected to a broken webpage at http://webmail-legacy.homecall.co.uk/ which just said 'Error: Unknown Hostname'.

As I say, I very rarely use webmail, so I've no idea if it has been like this for ages, or if this is a new problem. But I did need to use webmail today, so was left having to try to (unsuccessfully !) remember/guess what website to go to to be able to log into it.

Skynet_TX

Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

Hi @Skynet_TX 

This is a recognised TalkTalk fault where the intended redirect to the normal TTB Pipex sign in page is currently wrong.

Just bookmark and sign in to the TalkTalk Business (TTB) webmail sign in page

When you do receive a series of email messages from TalkTalk ultimately indicating your mailbox upgrade to the TalkTalk Mail platform is complete then you'll be able to sign in to TalkTalk Mail.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Star

Thanks for the link @Gondola, that is the good old page I remember !

Do you happen to know, seeing as I just use POP to access my email 99% of the time, should this just carry on working exactly the same when the upgrade takes place, or am I likely to have to make some changes to my POP settings ?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Skynet_TX 

Yes, POP and IMAP communication to the mail server will carry on just as now.

I have noticed that quite a few users of legacy mailboxes are still using insecure settings i.e. not using SSL/TLS encryption to secure the mail messages and password.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub has useful information about using the new TalkTalk Mail platform and Email Settings has the recommended setup for email clients.

Highlighted
Community Star

Thanks for the confirmation and the extra details.

I am all set up as SSL/TLS & STARTTLS, so my current settings match the recommendations on that page. 👍

Highlighted
Community Star

Nice one.

Thanks for confirming. Feedback is always good.