Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talktalk Email Not Working

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Team Player

My talktalk email isn't working on my PC, but the linked Tiscali address is OK.  I get this message: Unable to connect to e-mail server. Possible reasons: The e-mail server is (temporarily) down or there are network connection problems. Please try again in a few minutes.

It's been like this for a few hours now.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Bead1 

Just acknowledging that there is an internal server error for TalkTalk Mail and some mailboxes are currently inaccessible either by webmail or email client.  Two of my mailboxes are fully functional. The one that isn't was inaccessibile from some time after 00.35.

Email client error messages will say that the server has disconnected. The webmail messages are as here:

Error - Unable to connect to email server - Latest MessagesError - Unable to connect to email serverError - Unable to connect to email server

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks Gondola.  Have they given any idea when the mailboxes will be available again? I can't get a reply from the help desk.

Highlighted
Community Star

I've flagged the issue to TalkTalk Management requesting an update on Service Status.

Highlighted
Community Star

...The incident is being worked on and you can track it on the Service Status (Email) page. 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Bead1 

The mail service is back for my mailbox so hopefully yours. Sign out of webmail and sign back in and hopefully it'll load up ok.

Highlighted
Team Player

Thank you.  Mine's still down, but I live in hope....