Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talktalk Mail Plus

4 REPLIES 4
james 1
First Timer

I have been using talktalk mail for many years. I would be happy to pay for Talktalk Mail Plus using talktalk mail only.

I have tried to fill in the required data, but can only put in my email address and password, which is ticked green, followed by a message saying System error. Try again.

I had numerous chats - all ending in different suggestions. I am being asked for my account number, which I do not seem to have.

I find it strange that talktalk can contact me but can't find me in their system. As today is the deadline for registering, I am really worried as well as astounded about the difficulty I have.

James1
Gondola
Community Star

Hi James

Living on the edge eh!  TalkTalk have a system error right now.

The green ticks against the email address box and password box just mean the input characters have been accepted as valid and the email address is in a valid format and is a talktalk managed domain.

The next step is that the email address is searched for on the talktalk email address database.

You're seeing:

System error. Please try again.

The error message is a current issue because the process is not able to access the talktalk email address database.

I'll alert the TalkTalk team for you.

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the email address you're trying to sign up with any relevant other notes and finally save changes.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

james 1
First Timer

Thank you so much. I still worry about being cut off tomorrow.

However, in the past three days, I have been chatting to so many talktalk assistants, yet no one gave me such a clear answer.

Thank you and fingers crossed.

James1
Gondola
Community Star

Hi James

Would you retry please. Looks to me as though the email address database access issue is fixed.

Let us know the outcome.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi james1, have you got this sorted now.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.