would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talktalk domain issue

ANSWERED
4 REPLIES 4
hosay299
Insightful One

Hi all just would like to know why companies like I-say have a issue with talktalk.net domain name 

As the company has deactivated my account just recently and not told me why. 

Is there a reason why this is happening???

I have asked them why waiting on a reply 

update they say the following 

it seems that your current domain had been labelled as not being compatible with our communication so it is better for you to create a new email address, o

Hope that help Joe R If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Joe

Market researchers, like Ipsos i-Say, send out lots of survey invitations.  Sometimes people get fed up of doing surveys and getting screened out just before the end of the survey so they mark these as Spam instead of unsubscribing. If the i-Say survey invitations are then fingerprinted as spam the survey invitations can get blocked by the network level filters.

I expect that's why i-Say are saying the talktalk domain isn't compatible with their "communications". i-Say would have got 'bounceback' error messages to advise them exactly why their messages aren't getting through.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
hosay299
Insightful One

Hi @Gondola  yes i was aware of this but odd as i have been with talktalk for many years and seems to be a new thing as might be to do with the new webmail side

Hope that help Joe R If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Community Team
Solution

Hi hosay99, I've got no idea. I'm not hearing this from lots of sources so not sure if it's an us or them issue. I'll see if I can find anything out for you. 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Joe

In the Classic webmail you would mark an email as Spam and two things would happen. The email would be put in the Trash folder for deleting and the personal Blocked Senders Filter would be updated to Trash the sender.

On the TalkTalk Mail platform it's a bit more subtle. The Spam marked email is put in to the Spam folder and the TalkTalk Cloudmark Authority Engine is notified that you've marked an email as spam.  Cloudmark is the network based spam filtering that gathers information from all users and other external information to be able to identify and fingerprint spam, primarily from a content analysis, and to block that spam on the network.

i-Say would have got bounceback messages from the network level filtering so they would know if their messages are being treated as spam.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer