would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talktalk email address not working since thismorning

ANSWERED
7 REPLIES 7
Marvel
Chat Champion

I have 5 registered and added email addresses in my account. But since this morning I have been unable to log in to webmail with one of those 5 - it says address or password not correct. I also am getting the password prompt popup when I use outlook email client, my other 4 email addresses are fine in outlook.

Just now I logged on to my account and choose "change password" for that email and first you have to enter the current password - which I did and I got a "tick " appear confirming that the password is correct. I did not carry on with that process but just used it to confirm the password.

I have been on a massive online chat that got me nowhere.

It may be related but also for the whole day I have not been able to access my account with that email address like I usually do.  

Marvel
Chat Champion

UPDATE. I just tried to change the password and just writing a single letter it still came up with a "tick" so the tick proves nothing.

So I did the whole change password procedure but got a red box saying "sorry password could not be changed please try again.

Could it be that the address is now in limbo ?   

Gondola
Community Star
Solution

Hi Marvel

A weak password or compromised email account will trigger a password reset or blocking of the mailbox to help secure customer data. You will need help to recover access because you've not set up Password Reset details.

I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you and all being well you'll get a reply here from an OCE tomorrow.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

The OCE will Private Message you to get Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password using the alternate email address to receive the password reset link.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Marvel
Chat Champion

Fantastic thank you - I think I understand, I will double check my details

Marvel
Chat Champion

Checked and all info already correct. But am I putting the problem email address in the private box or an alternative one to use to be sent the reset link.

Gondola
Community Star

...put the 'problem' email address in Private notes. The OCE will collect the alternative Reset details (alternative email address and mobile number) by Community Private Message just to make sure these do not get confused with any others.

Just ensure that you can indeed access the alternative email address.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Marvel
Chat Champion

Perfect - thank you

Community Team

Hi Marvel, I've sent you a personal message to obtain the information I need to get the fault ticket raised for you.