Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talktalk webmail account hacked

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi, i used to have an account with talktalk and kept my talktalk.net email address. The email account has been hacked. The revovery email is the same email im trying to access and the mobile number has been changed from my number to a number i dont recognise. Can i still gain access if i dont have an account with Talk Talk? 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Julies_6898 

Yes you can recover access. I'll need to alert TalkTalk to verify you as the registered user and to secure the mailbox and then to set you up with new Reset details so you can set a new ultra-strong password.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

A TalkTalk Community Team member prefixed with OCE_ will reply to this thread and then Community Personal Message you to verify the registered email user details; so be prepared to provide on request to an OCE_ only:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password.

When verified, the password will be changed and Reset details set up allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

Are you aware of TalkTalk Mail Plus?  It's the way for you to keep your email address active when no longer a TalkTalk Consumer customer.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thank you! I’ll do that now and await a reply.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Julies_6898, I can get the password reset for you. I've sent you a personal message to obtain the necessary information.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi @OCE_Ady  How long will this take please?

Thanks, Julie

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Julies_6898 

Have the Reset details been set up allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey?

I'm only too aware that we haven't had TalkTalk support for email and webmail for over a week now.

The UK support team that we can normally rely on for support during weekday office hours has been redeployed to help vulnerable and key workers remain connected to broadband and phone services. That team is now working 7 days a week from early morning to late evening.

Chatterbox

Hi @Gondola,

No i haven’t been sent them yet. I have replied to the private message but not heard back yet. I can’t access my Amazon account so can’t use my Alexa so was just wondering how long it would take to get a reply. I realise it will be a very busy time for all, i will wait for my reply.

Thank you,

Julie.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Julies_6898 

Just to claify. You aren't sent anything. The Reset details - your alternative email address and mobile number are set up by TalkTalk at their end. All you do is select the Forgotten my password? link and see if you recognise your alternative email address and mobile from the hints shown. (options 2 and 3)

If there's just the option of sending a reset to the mail account you cannot access then obviously the team didn't get around to setting that up.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi @Gondola

I tried this morning to see if it had been re-set but it is still the old details.

Thanks,

Julie.

Highlighted
Community Star

OK, worth checking.

I have escalated for help.  Just don't know when that help will arrive.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hey @Julies_6898 I have sent you a PM if you could respond to that I can get that actioned for you

Thanks

SimonB
Highlighted
Community Manager - TT Staff

Hey Julies, 

I'm very sorry for the delay in getting back to you but i've just had confirmation that this error has been resolved, could you  re-test and let me know once you've got access to your mailbox. 

Thanks 

Stephen, Community Manager

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars l Set your preferences

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.