Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

'The maximum number of sessions is exceeded'

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Chat Champion

I use my email very little, but today I am getting a notice - 'the maximum number of sessions is exceeded' - What is the number of sessions, and when did this start?

bridgetathome
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi bridgetathome 

You're the third person to notice this today so maybe the limit has been changed (lowered). My understanding is that it's a security measure designed to trap 'excessive' use of the signins to a TalkTalk mailbox. It's a temporary limit so usually retrying later, in an hour, say, and you should be signed in ok.

Are you a TalkTalk broadband customer? Is your mailbox set to do an automatic sign out?

Menu > Settings > Basic Settings > Automatic sign out set to disable.

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer

Chat Champion
Thankyou, gondola. I have my telephone, broadband and email (webmail?) with Talktalk. The limit must have been set very low, and we should have been notified that this was going to happen.
bridgetathome
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi bridgetathome, how many attempts had you made? Are you still getting this error message?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi all, I am getting the same message. I have two email addresses, my current one and one abandoned due to spam. I give the old one out to anyone I am not sure of so check the account occasionally. last night and this morning I logged into my current account (one attempt), logged out and tried to log into my old account but got the message preventing my logging in?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @LUDDITE 

I see that they've just rebooted the authentication servers so let us know if the situation as regards signing in has 'improved' or is still the same.

Highlighted

Hi all, I'm waiting to see if I can get information on what caused the problems you had. I'll post back to let you know as soon as possible.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Participant

I am getting the same message cant access my email

DAVID EASTHAM
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Still getting the message, no change.

Highlighted
Team Player
so am I
jontov
Highlighted
Team Player
I am getting same message
jontov
Highlighted
First Timer

I am getting the same message which is preventing me getting into webmail. Also when I do ghosts.

Highlighted
First Timer

We upgraded to Fibre Speed Boost so wonder if any connection.

Highlighted
First Timer

I am getting the same message ( yesterday as well ), I have only accessed my e-mail once today earlier and the same yesterday finally gaining access to my e-mail after 2100 hrs. Could this be a fault at TT or more worrying is some one else trying to access my account?

Highlighted
First Timer

I just wanted to say I got this message about maximum number of sessions yesterday and today, with webmail (not constantly, it's mostly been OK). About two hours ago, I checked webmail without any difficulty, but when I next tried, a few minutes ago, this message appeared. I've been a customer since (I think!) 2006, and have never encountered this issue before.

I should explain that when I bought my current machine in 2014, I decided to keep things simple and not install an e-mail client. So unfortunately I'm totally dependent on webmail to access past messages.

I do hope this can be sorted out soon. Thank you.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi all, I am still having the problem, earlier I logged into my normal email account, logged out, then tried to log into my old account and got the message.

I left it for an hour, then tried to log into my old account and got past the message, but at first the log in section of the page "greyed" out then turned into the three pulsating dots seen elsewhere on the forum. (I get the same on my phone?)

Highlighted
Participant

Get it sorted talktalk !!!!!

DAVID EASTHAM
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi all

Service Status (Email) tells us that TalkTalk are aware that there's something changed that's bringing up the session limit for more people than expected.

I've not yet experienced this session limit message so it's not impacting all of us in the same way.

If you can get signed in by waiting an hour and trying again and then making sure you don't sign out and have the Automatic sign out setting disabled so a forced sign out doesn't happen.

Highlighted

Hi all, as Gondola has posted we've got an incident open for this and you can track progress on the service status dashboard.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi all, although a problem still shows on the service status page, I have had no problem logging into both my email accounts one after the other. 😁