would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

The tick

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
SusanM66
Participant

If the check boxes are enabled the tick goes to the check box of Emails that have not been selected which has led to me accidentally deleting Emails I did not wish to Email, or moving to the wrong folder.  I have to check closely every time.  Previously, Emails were only highlighted when clicked on so it was immediately obvious which would be deleted or moved.

Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @SusanM66 

I'm with you on this issue that there are actions that lead to unwanted auto-selection of an email and if overlooked by the user then the selected email may be included in action on other selected emails.

The issue with the auto-selection of an email has been reported to the platform vendors / project team.

OCE_Ady has had a response that "this is the default setting for the platform and at present it can't be changed."

Ady has since commented that "There are still discussions between us and the platform provider to see whether this can be changed. It seems their many other customers worldwide aren't bothered about this, but they're still looking to see if it's something that can be changed."

Notwithstanding that the issue is known and reported, would you like me to escalate your concern to the TalkTalk Community team?

If so, please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, address, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and add the email address to Private notes and save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to report your concern to the project team.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
SusanM66
Participant

Yes I would like this escalated as it has never happened before and I have to check every time now in case I accidentally delete an Email. Previously, I was always able to select a message for deletion and when deleted, the previous message was not selected.  It does not happen in my Outlook/Hotmail email account.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi SusanM66,

Thanks for your comments. I don't know if this will ever been changed by your comments have been noted

Chris

Highlighted
td123
Wizz Kid

The new system is very irritating, having to double check before carrying out any operation too e.mails in-case the next one in the list get dealt with the same way due to this unwanted "auto-ticking" - I have lost a couple of emails already.

Any we any further forward with getting it changed?

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi td123,

Thanks for your comments. There's no guarantee that it will be changed but we have no further information at the moment

Chris