cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Threatened with loss of mail box and cannot link existing mail boxes to Talktalk

ANSWERED
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

I have received threatening emails from Talktalk advising that my mailboxes which are not linked to Talktalk will be restricted or closed down unless they are linked to my Talktalk account or alternatively, I should subscribe to Mail plus. Inexplicably Talktalk prevents me from registering.

When I follow advice and try to add my mailboxes via My account - Manage emails, I am presented with  this: 

"You do not have an active TalkTalk Broadband or TalkTalk Mail Plus subscription, so you are no longer able to create or add new email accounts".  Why is this there? Of course, I DO have Talktalk broadband.

How can this message appear on my live "My account" page for which I obviously need to be a Talktalk broadband customer??!  When I try to take out a Mail plus subscription, I cannot do so, because I receive a Talktalk message telling me I am already a broadband customer and I can register up to 5 mailboxes as part of the package. NO, YOU WON'T LET ME!!

What is Talktalk playing at?

I have had numerous conversations with half a dozen customer service and technical service people, none of whom know about the issue nor can anyone tell me what to do to resolve this ridiculous situation.

Does anyone reading this post have any answer to the questions: Who at TalkTalk is doing this? and why?

Where can anybody be found who can resolve the problem? 

Helpful responses from anybody would be greatly appreciated.

Polymar aka FrustratedinCheshire

Polymar
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff
Solution

Hi FrustratedinCheshire, the error is easily corrected. I have raised this over to the team who can correct the error for you. Once that's done I'll let you know. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted

Ady,

Thanks for the prompt response...is there a time frame that I can expect  for this "easy correction" to be done? 

Polymar

Polymar
Highlighted

I'm afraid I don't.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted

Three weeks gone by and absolutely nothing has happened. Is anybody really doing anything to resolve this, or even look at it? Why can nobody even tell me why it is happening and whether it is actually being dealt with. I keep receiving calls from the complaints management telling me it has bee referred to "back office" who cannot be contacted. 

Just cannot understand the attitude of Talktalk as far as customer service is concerned - living up to the corporate name of talk talk and no action action!!

Polymar
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @FrustratedinCheshire 

Is the orange banner message still present in your MyAccount?

You do not have an active TalkTalk Broadband or TalkTalk Mail Plus subscription, so you are no longer able to create or add new email accounts.

If so I'll alert Ady to push an escalation through to get this fixed.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted

Hi Polymar, did I not send you a personal message? I have now. 

Ady