Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tinyworld emails

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
First Timer

For some weeks now my Office 365 suddenly produces error message Ox80CCC0E for my Tinyworld emails. "Cannot connect to server. Cannot synchronize subscribed folders".

All my other TalkTalk emails are OK. I have tried using the Office Repair function but only get "Something went wrong" message.     Can any one help please?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @BijHiggins 

Interesting. Second customer today reporting the exact same scenario with Office 365. Different mail platform though as the other is on the pipex legacy platform whereas you're on the TalkTalk Mail platform.

So, let's try and get to the root cause of this issue. It's likely to be an authentication issue if the fault is permanent.

Is the mail account set up in Outlook as a POP3 or IMAP personal account?  And it's not an alias email address?  And is showing as valid at www.mailtester.com

I'm guessing you've tried the TalkTalk Mail sign in to prove the mailbox is accessible and working? And you can Compose and send the same mailbox a message and see that message in the Sent objects folder and see it stay in the Inbox.

And if that's ok have you tried setting up another email client like Thunderbird to see if another email client is also having difficulty in authenticating on the server?

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

Thank you for your help and suggestions which I tried.
As you know, although I could still access my Tinyworld emails via the TalkTalk website, the problem was getting them via Outlook 365 client. Trying to solve this by re-entering passwords etc. did not work.
Eventually solved the problem by completely deleting the Tinyworld account from Outlook 365 then adding it again as a new account. I presume there is a bug in the system somewhere which does not go away by trying to repair the existing installed account.
Of course, people should be reminded that before deleting an account, any important documents should be saved to a separate location.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi BijHiggins 

Outlook data can get corrupted. If you had Outlook set up as a POP3 email account then, yes, you must save wanted mail messages that have been downloaded and deleted from the server or you'll lose those messages when removing the email account from Outlook and setting up afresh. 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer