Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tiscali Email not working !!!

2 REPLIES 2
Chelsea20
First Timer

My mum has had a tiscali email address for years and uses it daily on her mobile phone however we have noticed that she has received nothing not even a junk email since the 1st of September. We have had a sudden death in the family and are waiting on some important emails. I have tried logging in on the Mac but password is not being accepted and the only option to change password is through the broken email address. Help I’m useless TiA

C.Davies
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Chelsea20 

If the email system has detected a weak password or a compromised email account, and changed the password or locked the account to help secure customer data, you may need help to recover access for your mum. 

As the self-help password change / recovery options haven't been set up with Reset details then I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you as you'll need their help.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down and add mum's details and the email address to Private notes and Save changes.

A TalkTalk OCE will send you a Community Private Message requesting personal data to verify your mum as the registered user (her email registration details).  Heads up that normally they do require this information to be given by her and to speak to her as part of the Reset details set up process.

• Email address affected
  • Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and her mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details so she can reset and choose her own password at any time.

When her personal data has been verified, the new Reset details will be set up and a team member will call on her mobile to check security and let her know she can set her own password and check it works.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi Chelsea20, in order to reset the password we need the account holder to post and once they have I can obtain the necessary information. In the meantime please add the affected email to your private notes and I'll see if it is us who have blocked the mailbox.