would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tiscali Email

7 REPLIES 7
mad hatter
Wizz Kid

Hi,

I have an old tiscali email box that got hacked due to a data breach on another website.

They had mail forwarding set up and I have moved secure stuff off it but whenever I go to change password it wont accept a new one just says cant do it.  I have used the format Password!234 - thats an example of format not actual one 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @mad hatter 

The password format is ok and allowed.  But could be stronger with more characters.  My recommendation is 12 - 15 multicase letters and added numbers and symbols in a multi word format to make it reasonably memorable for you.

Can you still sign in to TalkTalk Mail to see your mailbox?  You've removed Auto forwarding?

When you do sign in via TalkTalk Mail you have the ability to set up Reset details for a self-help password change.  Update your reset details is an option on the main menu.

Menu options - Update your reset details.png

When you've set up password recovery for the email address with your Reset details - your alternate email and or mobile number. Please then use the Reset your Password option to select a password reset link to go to the alternate email or mobile. Complete a password change within 30 minutes.

That'll secure the account nicely.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

mad hatter
Wizz Kid

Hi @Gondola 

Thanks for that.

I have reset email setup and flow the link to reset. It goes through everything until the click to update the new password. It then gives error to say cant update the password.

Also for some reason my Amazon emails dont show but if I set up a forward the email is sent on.

Just tempted to close it down as its wide open atm though all important email address changed.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi mad hatter 

I thought I should try the whole password change myself as I have a mailbox with a 10 character password so as I keep recommending the use of 12 - 15 characters I deemed it time for a change.

I selected the Forgot my password route to use the Reset details I'd set up when the mailbox was created. Sent the reset link to the mobile. Entered the received 6 digit reset link and created / changed the password to increase it to 15 characters including an exclamation mark (just in case that was the issue).

Signed in perfectly ok.  Two tips:

1. The password must not be or be like one of the previous 5 you've used
  2. If the browser has saved the password then the new one will need resaving

So, from here, all looks like the password change is good.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi mad hatter, if the password will not reset for you let me know and we can get it changed for you. I've sent a personal message to obtain the necessary information just in case. 

Community Team

Thanks I've raised the fault ticket for you. Please let us know how you get on. 

mad hatter
Wizz Kid
HI Any news on this?

As now I cant login which at least means the "hackers" can't either.
Community Team

I'm afraid not. I've escalated this to the CEO team to get you a quicker fix. You'll hear from a Complaint Manager within 24 hours. Please let me know how you get on.