cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tiscali Emails not Sending or Receiving via Email Client, but Webmail Working Ok

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hello,

My husband has not been able to send or receive tiscali.co.uk e-mails via the e-mail client we both use since around 1.30 pm yesterday. His webmail is working ok.

Please can you help.

Thanks,

SMJ333

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @SMJ333 

Good to see that your husband can sign in to TalkTalk Mail and finds that working ok.

Did he change the password for his mailbox when you had the recent issue with error messages?  The password will also need to be updated for his mail account on the email client you both use.

Does the email client present an error message when he tries to send emails or when you send an email message to him do you see a bounceback error message?

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi SMJ333, what mail client is he using? Has he double checked the settings to ensure nothing has changed? Has he tried removing the mail account from the client and then adding it again to ensure the settings aren't corrupt?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Gondola,

Thanks for your reply.

He updated the password on the mail client (and his other devices) the other day and it was working fine until around 1.30 pm yesterday.

When he is trying to receive e-mails on the client (Outlook) gets:

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Server: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Invalid login or password', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Also he is not receiving tiscali.co.uk e-mails on Android phone with updated password.

If I send an e-mail to him it does not bounce back (is received in his webmail) but no other devices.

We are puzzled ?

Thanks,

SMJ333

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi OCE_Ady,

Thanks for your reply.

Please see reply to Gondola.

Thanks,

SMJ333

Highlighted

Ok so his email is working as it should. The mail clients aren't. Although it's affecting multiple different devices I'd still remove the account from the clients and readd it. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Ady,

Thanks for your reply. We will try what you suggest.

Thanks,

SMJ333

Highlighted

Please let us know how you get on.

Ady

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Ady,

We have ended up changing the password across the board (webmail and on all devices). Pleased to say successful. E-mails sending and receiving from all devices.

Thanks to Gondola and yourself for your help.

SMJ333

Highlighted

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Chris