Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tiscali Mail - not receiving M&S E-Mails

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
First Timer

I have a tiscali email account which works fine apart from not receiving any emails from M&S. Has anyone else had this issue? I’ve checked my spam/trash/junk. I’ve spoken to M&S & they couldn’t find any problems with my account. Any ideas?

thanks

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Jgjamie

Log in to webmail and check the blocked senders filter. Settings > Mail > Scroll down to filters > Select the Blocked Sender's Filter to view.

If an email was inadvertently marked as spam it'll be there.

If there are more than 50 entries then delete the Blocked Sender's Filter entirely as it may malfunction.

Make sure you've not got any other filters set up that could be diverting your M&S emails.

I assume you've checked that M&S are sending to the entirely correct email address?

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi @Gondola

thsnks for your reply, I checked my filters but unfortunately there weren’t any. Yep I checked my email address was correct, I even tried re-entering it, I spoke to M&S & the lady tried sending me an email from an M&S account but I still didn’t receive it, so I think you’re on the right lines with the filters but couldn’t see that anything was setup in here 😞 any other ideas?

thanks

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Jgjamie

On the basis that your email account is working normally for both send and receive for all other emails then try sending an email to M&S.  Does that send without a 'non-delivery' bounceback message from the TalkTalk server.

If the M&S mail server was being blocked because of excessive spam being reported by other TalkTalk mail users then M&S would receive a 'non-delivery' bounceback message from the content spam blocker.  So, the next step would be to find out from M&S if their email system reports non-delivery and if so what the error code is.

If the content spam blocker algorithms detect all the added stuff that commercial organisations add to their emails I think this can increase the 'spam content score' to the point where 'spam' is flagged up.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Jgjamie, Gondola has you on the right road to finding out the cause of the problem. I've run a repair on your mailbox and tweaked a couple of settings to see if that helps at all. Please let us know how you get on. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.