Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tiscali Queries

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi Ady. A few queries if I may.

I am also (still) experiencing the same problem with receiving emails which no doubt will eventually (as usual) be fixed but my queries are:

1. Why does this keep happening ?

2. Is there any prospect of this continuing problem (which seems to occur every couple of weeks or so) being permanently fixed ?

3. Why does it almost always occur on a Friday morning ?

Many thanks.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Mine now seems to be working ok, but I would still like answers to me queries.

Cheers.

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi rautospoon, so far we haven't had the same issue twice when it comes to total mail issues. There are so many network components involved in delivering mail that any failure can cripple the system. We're always working to eliminate any pain point for customers and the network. Issues with the platfom itself will not continue as the new platform is fantastic and very much a tried and tested worldwide product. Once every mailbox is migrated the issues will drop significantly. Why it always seems to be Friday well your guess is as good as mine. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
Thanks Ady The problem that has plagued myself (and many other Tiscali users) is the servers "going down "and this has been happening for several years prior to the introduction of the new platform. It seems, for some unknown reason, that email (especially "client") is less reliable for Tiscali as compared to TalkTalk email users.
Highlighted

The mail servers are no longer those same old servers for those that have migrated at least. Unfortunately, to connect you to them there's a significant amout of software and hardware and it's mostly those at fault particulary when it's a total loss of service.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi Ady. Thanks for that.

As I am now "up and running" on the new TT webmail, does that mean I have been "migrated" ?

If so, why am I not on the new servers ?

Sorry to be dim but I don't understand a lot of this stuff !

Cheers.

Highlighted

You have been migrated and you are on the new servers. If you're referring to the message in the pink box when you login. It was decided that everyone should see that until every mailbox is migrated. 

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Thanks. In that case, does that mean then that (for Tiscali users) that the new servers are equally as unreliable as the old servers ?

Highlighted

It's not been a fault on the mail servers for a while now, it's the networking products that connect you to them. Sadly we never communicate that meaning that it always looks like a dodgy mail platform and the new one isn't dodgy. The old however was as dodgy as can be hence the problems and the change.