Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tiscali e-mail Hacked

7 REPLIES 7
Barneyf
Popular Poster

I have a tiscali e-mail set up from when I joined Tiscali 13 years ago. I don't use it as I already had an Hotmail address set up. Years ago I set it to forward any e-mails to my Hotmail. I have started getting a lot of e-mails from mailer-daemon@talktalk.net about failed e-mail deliveries. I logged in and there are an abundance of dodgy looking e-mails (Mostly in Russian) that have been sent and quite a few in the drafts. There was also e-mails in the inbox to say 'You've been Hacked' with the password that was associated with the account. I have changed the password, however I am still getting these notifications and when I have checked the drafts today, there more e-mails dated as recently as yesterday. I have been in contact with TalkTalk customer services and they have recommended I ask on here. I don't use the e-mail address and would be happy if it was just deactivated. It hasn't had any effect on my TalkTalk account as far as I am aware but would really like to get this stopped. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Barneyf, if the mailbox is linked to your TalkTalk account login to MyAccount and delete it from there. Most important is that you protect all your devices. The mailbox and it's password must have been picked up from somewhere and normally that's normally done with a trojan on a device. You need to have AntiVirus and malware protection running on every device and they need to be up to date. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Barneyf
Popular Poster

Hi, thanks for your reply. I changed my account e-mail to my hotmail when this all started but this doesn’t deactivate the e-mail address. I have just checked the account again and although nothing is showing as sent since last Thursday, there are drafts showing as recent as 10am today. Thanks

OCE_Ady

When you login to MyAccount you can choose to manage email under the MyServices heading. Is the Tiscali mail address in there?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Barneyf
Popular Poster

Hi,

Like I said, I changed it to my hotmail so it doesn't list the Tiscali address at all now. But I can still log into it.

Many thanks

OCE_Ady

If you can still login to it then please link the tiscali mail to your MyAccount and reset the password reset details to regain control of it. 

Ady

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

@Barneyf you may find this Help article useful Managing-your-email-in-My-Account 

Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!
OCE_Ady

Please let us know how you get on.

Ady