would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tiscali email account blocked - unable to reset password

15 REPLIES 15
Stuart17
First Timer

Hi

I have a Tiscali email account which I access via MS Outlook. (My Tiscali email address is one of the old ones migrated over to TalkTalk some years back - I don't currently have a TalkTalk account).

As of Wednesday 31st July I have stopped receiving emails. I tried to log on to Tiscali Webmail today but got the message 'For security reasons, we have blocked your account due to suspicious activity on your account'.

I have started to try to reset the password but the mobile number shown to text the reset code to is not mine, and neither is the recovery email address. And obviously I don't have access to the Tiscali mailbox. 

I also don't have a TalkTalk account so can't reset it that way.

I've seen that others have had the same problem on this forum and you've been able to help.

Can you help?

Thanks

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Stuart17 

If the email system has detected a compromised email account, and changed the password or locked the account to help secure customer data, you will need help to recover access.

As the self-help password change / recovery options aren't effective I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you and this thread will be picked up on Monday.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down and add the email address and, for the Recovery details, add an alternate email address and mobile 'phone number, that you have access to, to Private notes and Save changes.

A TalkTalk OCE will send you a Private Message requesting personal data to verify you as the registered user (your email registration details).  When your personal data has been verified, the password will be reset and new Reset details set up and an email team member will call on your mobile to check security with you, let you know you can set your own password and check it works.

If you know how the email account was recently compromised then you'll be in a good position to take steps to protect yourself but if you need help then let us know. 

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Stuart17
First Timer

Thanks @Gondola . I will update my Community Profile and wait for a message from the team.

Community Team

Hi Stuart17, I'll get this raised for you, but I need you to add a landline please in order to raise the ticket.

Stuart17
First Timer

Thanks @OCE_Ady . I have added my home landline and an alternative (work) landline in private notes section.

Community Team

Thanks Stuart17, I've raised the fault ticket for you. Please let us know how you get on. 

Stuart17
First Timer

Hi @OCE_Ady , @Gondola 

Do you know how long I should expect to wait before being contacted about this? I haven't heard anything yet....

Community Team

You should hear in the next day or two. I've asked the security team to look into this alongside the normal fault process to improve our fix times on these issues. I'll let you know if I hear anything before you do. 

Stuart17
First Timer

Hi @OCE_Ady , @Gondola 

I still haven't heard anything from TalkTalk about this. Can you contact the relevant team for me?

Thanks

Stuart

Community Team

Hi Stuart, I'll have to raise this to the CEO team for you. Please add your full current address to private notes in your profile. 

Stuart17
First Timer

OK thanks @OCE_Ady 

Why is it necessary to add my full address? I feel a bit nervous doing that from a security aspect, especially since my email account might have been blocked in the first place because of a security issue!

Community Team

I've got to create a full complaint for you and it requires a full address and postcode for identification. 

Stuart17
First Timer

OK @OCE_Ady , profile is updated..

Community Team

Thanks, I've raised your complaint for you. You'll be contacted by a complaint manager in the next 24 hours. Please let me know how you get on. 

Stuart17
First Timer

Hi @OCE_Ady 

I've still not heard anything ... when can I expect contact from the relevant team?

Community Team

Hi Stuart17,

I'm sorry for the delay, you should have been contacted by now so I've notified our CEO Office that you haven't been contacted yet.

Chris