Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tiscali email account hacked

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
First Timer

Hello.  Someone has changed my password and the recovery phone and emails.  I don't have a Talk Talk account, just Tiscali.co.uk email obscured for customer security.  What can I do.  HELP!

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @GVN1969 

I've created this new topic for you so that you get individual help to recover access to your tiscali mailbox.  I've also alerted the Community TalkTalk team. You'll have a response from a TalkTalk OCE (UK Support) in this thread. That'll be from Monday onwards. 

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the tiscali email address and Save changes.

A TalkTalk OCE will reply to this thread and Community Private Message you to verify the registered email user details:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password.

When verified, the mailbox will be secured, Reset details set up and one of the TalkTalk team will call on your mobile to check security with you and let you know you can set your own password and check it works.

Do you know how the password came to be compromised?  If not, secure your devices by carrying out virus and malware detection and removal before changing any password. Advice about choosing a new ultra-strong password is at getsafeonline.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi GVN1969,

I can see that Gondola has given you some good advice 

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details, so that we can get your password changed 

Thanks

Chris