Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tiscali email account - problems with access on Mail (Mac) since 1 June 2020

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
First Timer

Since 1 June, every time I try to access my incoming emails I get a Verify Certificate box up on my Mac stating that 'the certificate for this server is invalid'. I can choose to ignore this warning but am told that it may be to a server pretending to be pop.tiscali.co.uk which could put my confidential information at risk (which obviously I do not want to do).

I have made no changes to the settings on Mail and have rechecked that they are correct (according to Talk Talk's website). I am able to send emails from Mail with no problem. I know that I can access my emails via the Talk Talk app but that is not my preferred way.

Any help and suggestions would be gratefully received please. I have spent hours with the Talk Talk online help to no avail (even though the adviser seemed very helpful).

Highlighted
First Timer

Sorry I can't help you with your problem but I, too, have a Tiscali problem.  My Tiscali login, on a desktop, rejects my password.  After sending an email over a month ago (using a different email address as my Tiscali was out of service) I received an issue number and a phone call last week resulting in a promise that local engineers would contact me that afternoon (and I agreed to take up a monthly contract).  I have heard nothing and  any email I send is immediately rejected in a no-reply email claiming there is no open issue.  How can I contact Talktalk by email (as the Customer Service call centre just do not understand a Tiscali issue).  Any help is welcome as important documents and addresses are tied up, creating further problems..

Highlighted
First Timer

OfI too have been having problems with tiscali/lineone emails through outlook. I pay the £5 a month for the pleasure of using the service, but I was lucky if I had five days access! Outlook support checked everything and all was ok. Suddenly I could reinput my settings (no changes to anything) and all worked fine for a couple of days. Now I'm back to square one. Unfortunately I can't see a "contact us" link anywhere on the site. The website email is soooooo slow, it's a pain. About time someone resolved this issue formsubscribers!

Highlighted
First Timer
I have sent Talk Talk an email (to an old address I have used in the past). Will let you know if I manage to get any sort of response. I am thinking they probably want us to change our email addresses perhaps.
Highlighted
Highlighted
First Timer

Thanks Doggy1. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Highlighted
First Timer

I actually experienced "expired certificate" when I had my initial problem. Now I'm back to the same "check your imap settings" error message. My settings are, and have been, unchanged  throughout!

Just noticed that this thread relates to Mac. I'm having the problem on Android. So it appears to be an issue whatever the platform.

Highlighted
First Timer
Remarkably, today (3 June) the emails are working fine! As far as I know I have not done anything to correct the problem - that's Talk Talk for you I guess but at least I am now OK! Thank you for the suggestions/comments anyway.
Highlighted
First Timer

Wish I could say the same! Hope your email access lasts.