would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tiscali email address blocked - not able to reset password

19 REPLIES 19
PAJ333
Participant

Hello,

When I attempt a password recovery at https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk/forgotdetails/index/webmailindex

I enter the e-mail address concerned. Tick the I'm not a robot and continue button. Then in a red boarded box next to the e-mail address concerned says "This email address is currently blocked".

I do not currently have a TalkTalk payment account for either broadband or e-mail so don't have MyAccount access.

Please will you help me reset my password and regain access to my e-mails.

Thanks,

PAJ333

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @PAJ333 

The TalkTalk Community Team are alerted for you. Heads up that as this topic hasn't been picked up so far it'll likely be Monday before a fault ticket is raised for the email admins to unblock / unsuspend the mailbox. 

They'll probably want to check that the Reset details are correct (that's the alternate email address and or mobile 'phone number for password recovery) and will reset the password so that you'll then choose via the Reset your Password option a new ultra-strong password to be able to continue. 

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down and add the tiscali email address to Private notes and Save changes.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

PAJ333
Participant

Hi Gondola,

Thanks for your reply.

Have followed the link provided and updated my Community Profile including the e-mail address to be unblocked in Private notes.

Look forward to getting this resolved asap as have important e-mails needed to access for travel arrangements next week.

Thanks for your help.

PAJ333

PAJ333
Participant

Hi Gondola,

With being new to the TalkTalk Community am not sure how things work from here when a fault ticket is raised.

Will I get a phone call or TalkTalk Community message to solve unblocking the mailbox with a new password ?

Thanks,

PAJ333

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @PAJ333 

You'll receive an initial reply here to hopefully confirm the reason for the blocking. For example, that the system has detected the account may have been compromised and has blocked to protect the account. Of course if that's the case then you're advised to check your devices for malware just in case a password has been obtained that way.

You're also advised here that a fault ticket has been raised to unblock the account and an indicative timescale for resolution.

The next stage is that the email admins will usually set up a new password on the account. But you'll usually be asked to use the password recovery method of an alternate email account or mobile 'phone number to receive a password reset and to choose your own memorable but ultra-strong password. 

Usually, you'll be advised here when the account is ready for a password reset and usually the email admins will also try to contact you on the mobile to check that you're happy that password recovery is successful.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi PAJ333, I've raised a fault ticket for you to have your mailbox unblocked. These are taking a while to be cleared at the moment. Please let us know how you get on. 

PAJ333
Participant

Hi OCE_Ady,

Thank you for raising a fault ticket to unblock my mailbox.

Will someone from TalkTalk be calling me on the mobile number provided.

I have several e-mails need to access for travel arrangements to see our daughter next weekend. Is there anyway this issue can be escalated to get a new password.

Many thanks,

PAJ333

Community Team

Hi PAJ333, I push all the faults I raise for response ASAP. I'm not sure I can say that you'll get it repaired before the weekend though. I'll make sure the team know. 

PAJ333
Participant

Hi OCE_Ady,

Thanks for your message to say you push all faults out as priority.

Apologies for only getting back to you now. Had an early start to go to London for work today. Spent much of day on trains and underground with no wi-fi, unsecure network and no phone signal.

Received a missed call at 14.35 from 0300 300 2300 on my mobile which am guessing was TalkTalk but that number won't allow me to ring back.

Is there a number I can ring in on or would you mind please asking TalkTalk to ring again asap (as they only rang once and left no message).

Many thanks,

PAJ333

Community Team

I'm just looking into who rang and why? It was definitely TT, I just want to know why they rang. I'll be back. 

PAJ333
Participant

Thats great. Thank you

Community Team

It wasn't the team who would do the password reset. They've not updated us yet, but there are no notes on their side of the system. 

PAJ333
Participant

Hi OCE_Ady,

Thanks for the update.

Just to give you some background. The mailbox became blocked on the morning of 4 July 2019, which is why after almost 2 weeks without access to e-mails its causing major problems (especially with pending travel arrangements).

I spoke with TalkTalk customer services and online chat numerous times and kept been told the mailbox would be unblocked in 72 hours but nothing happened. I then wrote to the Salford office for help, so wonder if the call yesterday was as a result of my letter.

With no progress in getting the mailbox unblocked with TalkTalk customer services I discovered TalkTalk Community and made a post for help which is where we are today.

Many thanks,

PAJ333

Community Team

Hi PAJ333,

Thanks for the background information, I'm really sorry for any inconvenience caused by this issue

Chris

PAJ333
Participant

Hi OCE_Chris & OCE_Ady,

Thanks for touching base. Is it possible to give a rough timeline for getting the mailbox unblocked as was 2 weeks ago today the problem occurred ?

Thanks,

PAJ333

Community Team

Hi PAJ333,

I'm sorry, I can't give you time line at the moment

Chris

PAJ333
Participant

Hi OCE_Chris,

Thanks for getting back. Its just causing havoc with having the mailbox out of action for over 2 weeks.

Is there a rough guide time for someone who can resolve the problem getting back after a fault ticket has been raised.

Thanks,

PAJ333

Community Team

Hi PAJ333,

Could you please retest, just been told that this has now been unblocked

Chris

PAJ333
Participant

Hi OCE_Chris,

Fantastic news ! 

The mailbox is unblocked at last and I have been able to reset the password and gain access to the e-mails in the mailbox.

Many thanks to you and your TalkTalk Community colleagues for helping resolve the problem.

Many thanks and have a good weekend.

PAJ333

Community Team

Thanks for confirming that it's now working, have a great weekend 🙂

Chris