Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tiscali email address blocked - unable to reset password

17 REPLIES 17
Wooly_griff
First Timer

Hi, I have looked through previous posts relating to this and it appears it's best to start my own thread.

I normally access my Tiscali email via MS outlook - my Tiscali email address is one of the old ones migrated over to Tal Talk some years back (I don't have a TalkTalk account).

Was able to log on late June but was not able to last week. I did manage to logon briefly to webmail but since then all I get is that my email account is blocked, when I try to follow any password reset methodology.

I have tried via Myaccount etc but get nowwhere.

Tried via Webchat on Thursday or Friday last week which concluded that TalkTalk were unable to help - however, seeing recent related posts on here, it appears there may be a way to get this resolved.

Thanks in advance

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Wooly_griff 

If you're not a TalkTalk payment account customer for either broadband or email only then the MyAccount access will not be available if you left TalkTalk more than 12 months ago.

This means that the ability to use a self-help password reset depends on whether you've set up password Reset details.

Please do try the Reset your Password option. If there's an alternate email and or mobile number shown that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please reset the password.

But worst case is that if the email system has detected a weak password or a compromised email account, and changed the password or locked the account to help secure customer data, and / or you have no Reset details set up you may need help to recover access.

If the self-help password change / recovery option isn't effective then I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down and add the tiscali email address to Private notes and Save changes.

Gondola - Community support team

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi Wooly_griff, I can get this sorted for you. Please reply to my personal message and I'll be happy to help. 

Wooly_griff
First Timer

Hi,

Thank you - I had already populated the Personal account details

Thanks

Ian

Wooly_griff
First Timer

Landline no. added

Community Team

Your account has indeed been blocked as it was identified as being compromised. I've raised a fault ticket to get this reset for you. Only the email admins can reset this type of blocked account. 

GregTingey
Chat Champion

MANY THANKS

I think there are two sources of trouble here … I tried to get in yesterday morning & got a "down for maintenance" message.

Then tried later, thought I'd got in & went "round & round" several times, with neither my home address & then my password(s) being accepted - which may have "used up my allowance", so to speak?

I hope to go back to the beginning & start again, if that's possible.

After all, I want to INCREASE security on my main phone line, which is how this got started!

moocow1
First Timer

Hi i have the same problem,can you help to get it unblocked please

Community Team

Hi moocow1, please start your own thread and add a mobile number to your profile and I'll get the fault ticket raised for you. 

GregTingey
Chat Champion

Can someone let me know when I can "get in" to my account again, please?
Preferably  with the history erased, so I can start again?

Community Team

Hi GregTingey, if you need help with MyAccount you need to post in the right section and Arne will be very happy to help you. 

PAJ333
Participant

Hello,

I have the same problem as Wooly_griff with my tiscali.co.uk e-mail address. It is blocked and I'm unable to reset the password.

I do not currently have a TalkTalk payment account for either broadband or e-mail so don't have MyAccount access.

Please will you help me reset my password and regain access to my e-mails.

Thanks,

PAJ333

Community Team

Hi PAJ333, please start your own topic. Let us know what happens when you attempt a password recovery at https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk/forgotdetails/index/webmailindex

GregTingey
Chat Champion

Which is the "right section"?

I'm still getting nowhere with this ….

Community Team

Hi Greg,

It's the Billing and your account section, Ady did post a link to it in his reply 

Chris

GregTingey
Chat Champion

Just tried that - 

It locked me out & said I mustn't use one of my past FIVE passwords - AGAIN

I want my accounts passwords scrubbed, so that I can start again, because life is too short for this sort of screw-around

Community Team

Hi Greg,

Have you started a thread in the billing section?

Chris

GregTingey
Chat Champion

WHY BOTHER?

I can't get a sensible answer or any actual help.

All I want is to re-set my phone preferences, but I can't get in, because my passwords are ALL blacked & no-one is prepared to help, by scrubbing the set, so I can start again.

I'll just have to put up with SPAM phone-calls, because TalkTalk can't be arsed ….