Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tiscali email address blocked - unable to reset password

10 REPLIES 10
sallydn
Chatterbox

My tiscali email stopped working last week, and there doesn't seem to be any way to regain access to it. The reset password setting has my email address and an email address that I do not recognise on it

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @sallydn 

As the self-help password change / recovery options aren't effective I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down and add the email address to Private notes and Save changes.

If you're not a TalkTalk broadband customer a TalkTalk OCE will send you a Private Message requesting personal data to verify you as the registered user (your email registration details)

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password.

When your personal data has been verified, the password will be changed. Reset details will be set up and an email team member will call on your mobile to check security with you, let you know you can set your own password and check it works.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

sallydn
Chatterbox
Thanks, email address added to private notes
Community Team

Hi sallydn, I've sent you a personal message to obtain the necessary security information to get this block lifted and your recovery details restored for you.

sallydn
Chatterbox

Hi

Hopefully you can help to get this unblocked

obscured for customer security

Community Team

Hi sallydn, I've not had your reply to my personal message yet. 

sallydn
Chatterbox

Hi,obscured for customer security

I hope this will get it working

Thanks

Gondola
Community Star

No Sally...

I've obscured your personal details in the hope that scammers and identity fraudsters will not have picked them up from this public forum.

Please look top right of this page when you're signed in to Community and see if there's a blue envelope icon by your avatar.  That's what you select to read and send Community Private Messages. 

Ady's Private Message should be there to reply to.  Let us know if you don't see it.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi sallydn, I've raised the fault ticket raised for you. Please let us know how you get on. 

sallydn
Chatterbox

Hi Ade, have nothing from anyone yet, can you help. Thanks Sally

Community Team

Hi Sally, I've escalated this to the CEO team for you. You'll hear from a complaint manager in the next 24 hours. Please let us know how you get on.