cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tiscali email blocked - waiting for call from fault management team

4 REPLIES 4
First Timer

My tiscali email has been blocked for 2 weeks. I have not been a talktalk customer for over 5 years. I use outlook to access my emails. I have several different accounts but when it tries to synchronise with my tiscali account it just says it cannot access the server so I tried to get into my mail online and it came up saying that the account was blocked and that I had to reset my password - but the only way it would let me reset my password was by sending a reset link to my tiscali email account  - which I cannot access!!!! Had an online chat with someone from talktalk and then got called the next day by someone from the fault management team for OVER AN HOUR - end result they needed 5 days to look into it and they would call me back today between 2 and 4pm - it is now 3.10pm and I am still waiting!!! I have a reference number of RE6158877 and I spoke to someone called 'Winter' in the fault management team. I receive 20 - 30 emails into this account a day! They also at one point tried to tell me that as I am no longer a talktalk customer that I needed to pay to access my account! 

Community Star

Hi @astralwitch 

If the email system has detected a weak password or a compromised email account, and changed the password or locked the account to help secure customer data, you will need help to recover access.

Password Reset details should have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive the reset via the Reset your Password option. You may have missed the reminder emails from TalkTalk to set up those Reset details.

As the self-help password change / recovery options aren't effective, I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down and add the email address to Private notes and Save changes.

The next step is that a TalkTalk Community OCE will reply here and then say they're sending you a Community Private Message requesting personal data to verify you as the registered user (your email registration details)

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password.

When your personal data has been verified, the Reset details will be set up and one of the TalkTalk team will call on your mobile to check security with you, let you know you can set your own password via the Forgotten your password? link and check it works.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

First Timer

Think I have done all that - needless to say I never received the promised call back from the fault management team that I waited in ALL afternoon for... the legendary customer talktalk customer service is the reason I went back to BT over 5 years ago but unfortunately having been a loyal talktalk customer for over 10 years a lot of my services had been set up using that email account and so I do still need access to it... I do hope that you can help...

Community Star

Excellent. I see your Community profile has been updated.

No comment from me about the fault management team... but I will say you're in good hands here with the TalkTalk Community team providing support to TalkTalk's Mail customers.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi astralwitch, I'm sorry to hear you've not had the best experience so far. I can get this sorted for you though. I've sent you a personal message to obtain all the details I need to get a fault ticket raised and worked for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.