cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tiscali email - cant send emails

6 REPLIES 6
First Timer

My friend has been using Tiscali Email for many years and in his frustration has contacted me.  I now have his IPad and details.  

Last week after he decided to change his email password he can no longer send emails from his IPad.

I have deleted the account and tried to set it up again but there are so many versions of how to do this on google (none of which have worked) that I have decided to join this forum and hope that someone can help.

So how do I sent up emails on an IPad for a Tiscali account please !!

thanks Chris

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @chris1702 

Setting up TalkTalk email on iPad 

Email settings - IMAP & POP3 scroll down to the tiscali settings.

To troubleshoot please check the sign in to TalkTalk Mail here (webmail). Tell us if there's an error message or if you can sign in ok using the password. Compose and send the same mailbox a message and check that the message is in the Sent objects folder and in the Inbox. That's just to make sure the mailbox is working ok.

Is your friend a TalkTalk Consumer broadband customer or if not are they a MailPlus customer?

If not a TalkTalk Consumer (home broadband) customer the mailbox may be restricted to webmail only access unless there's a subscription to TalkTalk Mail Plus.  Just a heads up on that.

But if that doesn't apply and you need more guidance with the set up of the iPad for the tiscali email account then take screenshots of the manual settings screens and upload here having image edited first to obscure the first part of the email address. Upload is by using the Insert Photos icon (camera or picture) that you'll find above this Reply area.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

talk talk broadband customer

Highlighted
First Timer

webmail not working for obscured for customer security

should this work with the right password ?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi chris1702 

I've obscured the email address for security as you don't wish your friend to be spammed.

The email address is valid and therefore with the correct password you should get signed in to TalkTalk Mail without a problem.

Password reset details are also set up including a mobile 'phone number.

Highlighted
First Timer

so are you saying that the password im using must be incorrect.  The email address is still xxxxx@tiscali.co.uk and not now changed to xxxxx@talktalk.com  

thanks 

Chris

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi chris1702 

The customer email address doesn't get changed. It'll still be username@tiscali.co.uk

The domain talktalk.com is not a valid domain name for talktalk mail.

I checked that the email address you gave was valid and is on the mail server and that there is password recovery set up with a phone number.