Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tiscali email hacked

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
First Timer

Hello, I need my old tiscali email account suspended/removed as it has been hacked/ compromised. I dont have a talk talk account anymore, but still user the email. so I cant reset the password myself, so would like it suspended please, the address is obscured for customer securitytiacali.co.uk   many thanks for your help.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @buzzkill 

If your email password is still good you can access the tiscali email account and reset the password.

Reset details may have been set up for the email address with an alternate email and or mobile number. Please do try the Reset your Password option. Other than the reset to the account itself, if there are alternates listed, see if you recognise them from the hints and if you do have access to the alternate email or mobile then please reset the password.

Bear in mind the hacker will see the reset link if sent to the email account itself so if you only have that as a way of resetting the password then action the password change quickly.

If the tiscali email account has been migrated to the new TalkTalk Mail platform you'll also have been prompted to set up Reset details.  Sign in to TalkTalk Mail > Select Menu > Update your reset details.

If, after recovering your email account, you still wish it to be totally deleted then the Data Protection Team will delete an email account for you.  Recover and save any emails you need and follow the advice in Access information we hold on you Scroll down and expand the section on Right to Erasure.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @buzzkill 

How are you getting on?  Did you secure the email account or move straight to requesting deletion?

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer