Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tiscali email problem

ANSWERED
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
First Timer

My Tiscali email account is sending emails fine but not receiving.  The last email I received was yesterday 23/5 at midday.  I have email set up on windows and ipad - neither of these is receiving.  How do I contact someone to get this sorted as there do not appear to be any contact numbers on the talktalk website.  HELP PLEASE!

Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

Hi Karen

Sign in to your tiscali mailbox using the TalkTalk Mail sign in and check there's no Auto forward or Filter rule diverting your mail messages.

Main Settings menu (triple line icon top right header - mobile browser? use the desktop version) > Settings > Select the arrow by Mail in the side panel > select Auto forward - Disable > go back to the side panel and select Filter rules - Disable.

Whilst signed in compose and send the same mailbox a message and check that message is in the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Let us know what you find.

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

Have done as you have said .... there was a strange email address for forwarding incoming mails to ... as well as disabling I also had to go back and delete that forwarding email address.  Does this mean my account has been hacked?  How can I access incoming mails since midday yesterday as they have obviously been forwarded to this other address? Many thanks for your help

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Karen

If you didn't set up the Auto forward then yes, your mailbox has been hacked.  So now to lock out the hacker you must change your mailbox password.

Whilst signed in to TalkTalk Mail check via the Main Settings menu that the Update your Reset details option on the menu is correctly listing your alternative email address and mobile phone number for password recovery.

If you don't know how the password came to be discovered I'd suggest scanning your email devices for viruses and malware before changing any password.  That's to make sure there's no malware capturing your passwords.

Use the Forgotten your Password? option to send the password reset code to your mobile phone.

You'll not realistically know which mail is missing and if that mail has been forwarded and removed from the Inbox then it's gone, and unless you know the hacker, not normally recoverable.

Highlighted
First Timer

OK thank you very much ... all done and changed.  No no idea how/when got hacked but good to get it sorted.  Much appreciate your time.

best wishes

karen

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Karen

Just in case your email address has been involved in a known data breach it's worth a check at www.haveibeenpwned.com as that may help to identify other potentially compromised logins.