Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tiscali email

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
First Timer

my Tiscali email account has stopped working . I removed the account and then tried to reinstate it, only now it doesn't recognise my password. I can't seem to access it via webmail so how do I reset the password??

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @monty4 

A weak password or compromised email account will trigger a password reset or blocking of the mailbox to help secure customer data. You may need help to recover access.

If you're not a TalkTalk broadband customer you may be restricted to webmail access only unless you subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus.

Please check the sign in to TalkTalk Mail. Tell us if there's an error message or if you can sign in ok.

Password Reset details should have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive a password reset. Please do try the Forgotten your Password option. If there's an alternate shown that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please reset the password.

If the self-help password change / recovery options aren't there or not recognised then I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

I have no access to the webmail version of the Tiscali email account so the option of changing the password is not available?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi monty4 

If your mailbox exists i.e. it's not been deleted or suspended then it will recognise that in the sign in stage. Please check the sign in to TalkTalk Mail (click here to sign in) Use your tiscali email address and password. Tell us what the error message says.

Highlighted
First Timer

on the reset password page I don't recognise the phone number for the text tone sent to or the alternative email address ?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi monty4 

If you've got that far it indicates the mailbox has been compromised and someone unauthorised has changed the alternative email address and mobile 'phone number Reset details. That's assuming you've entered the correct email address.

As the self-help password change / recovery options aren't good, I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you as they'll need to verify you're the registered user and then set up new Reset details.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the tiscali email address and Save changes.

A TalkTalk OCE will reply to this thread from Monday onwards and then they'll Community Personal Message you to verify the registered email user details - so have ready:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password.

When verified, the password will be changed and Reset details set up so you can set your own password.

If your mailbox has been compromised and you don't know how someone has acquired your password then scan your devices for viruses and malware to make sure they're clean BEFORE setting up a new ultra-strong never before used password that you keep exclusively for this email mailbox.

Highlighted
First Timer

thank you gondola, feel like I'm getting some where now, fingers crossed.👍

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi monty4, I've sent you a personal message to obtain the necessary information to raise the request to change your recovery details.

Ady