Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tiscali password

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi. I need to change a tiscali password.

I select the option to send a reset link to an alternative email address, I receive the link and follow it.

After I enter the new password, which conforms to password requirements, I get the error 'password cant be changed at this time try again later'.

I've tried about 10 times over the last week or two. Same error each time.

Can the password be reset by talktalk?

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Chaymck 

A weak password or compromised email account will trigger a password reset or blocking of the mailbox to help secure customer data. You may need help to recover access if you've received a message that the account has been blocked for security.

Please check the sign in to TalkTalk Mail. Tell us if there's an error message or if you can sign in ok using the existing password.

Provided the password has not been reset then if you're a TalkTalk broadband customer or recent customer and know the current password you can change your email password in MyAccount > My Services > Manage TalkTalk Mail. 

Here's the advice article on managing your email in MyAccount.

If the self-help password change / recovery options aren't effective then I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer
Hi.

The self change options does not work for me. So please raise the issue with the team.

I'll update details via link.

Ta
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Chaymck 

Done.

A TalkTalk Community Team member prefixed with OCE_ will reply to this thread and then Community Personal Message you to verify the registered email user details; so be prepared to provide on request to an OCE_ only:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include Reset details - the active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to verify Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password.

When verified, the password will be changed and Reset details set up allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

Highlighted
First Timer
Hi.

What is a normal reply time? Days or weeks?

Thanks
Highlighted
Community Star

...weekdays only within a couple of days depending on workload and TalkTalk Community Team availability. If OCE_Ady is online on Thursday this topic should get picked up and pushed to a resolution.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Chaymck, it looks like the mailbox is suspended. I've sent you a personal message to obtain the security information to get it unsuspended for you.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Chaymck,

Thanks for the PM

I've passed this over to our network team, they should be in contact over the next few days 

Thanks 

Chris