cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tiscali to cut off old email in less than 2 weeks

12 REPLIES 12
Participant

You are about to cut off an email tiscali.co.uk address to my mother who is a vulnerable person but we cannot contact you. Your system says that you can add an existing mail box to your account, but it will not work. How do we contact you to stop this being deleted and access to all her service providers being cut off ?

Participant

I would add that I have tried to register the email address in My Account and it will not accept it. I raised it by telephone to be told that the issue would be escalated and I would be contacted within 72 hours - that was over a week ago and I heard nothing.

The cut-off date is the 25th April and is getting ever nearer.

Please help !!

Community Star

Hi @ADM1321 

Is your mother a TalkTalk Consumer broadband customer or do you think it likely that the email address is associated with a former broadband MyAccount?  If the email address is linked to a former MyAccount then that'll be the reason it's not able to be added to her or your current MyAccount. 

But I can ask the TalkTalk team to authorise the move of the mailbox although that will need verification of details from the registered mail user (It's a data protection requirement).

But don't worry. TalkTalk is not deleting any mailboxes during these Government special measures as it's important that families and friends can stay in touch.

If your mother is not a TalkTalk Consumer (home broadband) customer she may still be restricted to webmail only access unless she elects to subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus or unless the mailbox is added to your MyAccount.

If she has a mail message from TalkTalk about deletion of a TalkTalk managed mailbox then deletion is after 180 days (but no deletion for now). After 60 days the mailbox has webmail only access.

Please check the sign in to TalkTalk Mail. Tell us if there's an error message or if you can sign in ok.

Let me know what the situation is. But don't worry for now as she'll still have webmail access. We can work out the best solution and get this organised with TalkTalk for you.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Participant

We can sign in with no problem, but the old email address is from an old account that we had to change to a new account when my father died (as it was in his name).

I am trying to get it linked but with no success - how can I contact somebody to make this happen ?

Participant

And yes, she is a Talktalk customer.

Community Star

Hi ADM1321 

First, don't worry because whatever happens there's still going to be webmail access for the time being via the TalkTalk Mail sign in.

The next thing is for me to ask the TalkTalk team to move the tiscali email mailbox from the former MyAccount in your father's name to the new MyAccount in your mother's name. (I'm assuming I've got that right).

I'm hoping that with sufficient verification they'll be able to authorise the move and that will totally safeguard the mailbox from future deletion by the system whilst she's a TalkTalk Consumer broadband customer. Just needs to sign in to the mailbox once every 6 months to keep it active.

The reason for me being a bit cautious on the verification bit is that if the former MyAccount comes up with your father's name then the mailbox will be registered to him. There is no automatic right to inherit someone's mailbox.  Worst case scenario is that an application to the Data Protection Team may be required to prove that the mailbox added to the former MyAccount was and is used by your mum. Then the DPT will authorise the move. 

But hopefully the regular TalkTalk team will be able to authorise.

To link this topic to your mum's TalkTalk service please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile recommended). Add full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add your mum's TalkTalk account details, email address(es), notes and references for the former MyAccount etc and then save changes.

It may help if you are a Nominated user for her TalkTalk account but not to worry at this stage if not.

Participant

I have completed and saved the form - what happens now ?

Community Star

Hi ADM1321 

In due course a TalkTalk Community Team member (TalkTalk staff) will reply here and then Community Personal Message you to verify your mum's details as the mail user. Depends on the outcome of that verification whether they'll need to involve the DPT or not. 

Are you a nominated user for her TalkTalk account?  Sometimes, the TalkTalk team will insist on the account holder making the request because it involves personal data. I'm just flagging that up as a possibility.

Hopefully the email move will go smoothly without too much fuss.

Participant

I believe that I am named in the account details but I tried to complete the form some while ago, but could not locate it ....

Community Star

Hi ADM1321 

Great if you are named on your mum's account details as the TalkTalk team will be able to take your instructions on her behalf. It makes it easier all round.

The TalkTalk team member will reply here. Just be patient for their response.

Participant

okay - thanks for your help. Hopefully a response will appear within the 180 days !

Community Star

Hi ADM1321 

I hope so too! I'm only too aware that we haven't had regular TalkTalk support for email and webmail for over 2 weeks now.

The UK support team that we can normally rely on for support during weekday office hours has been redeployed to help vulnerable and key workers remain connected to broadband and phone services. That team is now working 7 days a week from early morning to late evening.

I have no visibility of TalkTalk team workflow, availability or priorities but I have asked for some help here and help is on its way.

Community Manager - TT Staff

Ok makes sense, have sent you a private message with some questions, once i get the extra info i'll get this sorted for you, rest assured your email wont be deactivated. 

Stephen, Community Manager

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars l Set your preferences

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.